Identify which Sales Invoices have had Delivery Notes Created to Prevent Duplicates

Very interesting @lubos . The way I am linking up documents right now is with the Order Number or Reference field. The sales invoice, payment receipt, Paypal fee payment and delivery note all have the same Order Number/Reference Number, which corresponds to a single order in my e-commerce platform. That way I can track all related transactions to any particular sale and make sure all documents have been created.

Perhaps the workflow could be implemented by using the Reference Number/Order Number as the common ID that links the documents together, and then just come up with a UI that summarizes each order. Users would have to enter these numbers to link the documents together.

Perhaps it could be presented as a table, where each row is a new order/reference number, and each column represents a document such as sales order, sales invoice, payment receipt, delivery note and so forth. If a document has been created for that reference number, it will be linked in the intersecting cell. If it has not it will be blank.

See attached screenshot for an example. In this example we know that order 550503 hasn’t been delivered, and order 550504 hasn’t been paid by the customer (assuming we have kept Manager up to date).