I want to install server edition on https://aws.amazon.com/

i want to install server edition on https://aws.amazon.com/. is it possible? Anyone can help me how to do it. I am new, and not a full technical about web technology. so if i miss some thing, please forgive. thanks

It is possible but your request for help indicates that you have limited knowledge of server setup. It is recommended you use the Cloud edition as in any case that would be more cost effective than the server edition (they are same price, except you also need to add cost of AWS hosting, etc) with the added advantage that updates, security, etc are managed for you.

1 Like

server edition is one time payment i think? and cloud edition is yearly payment plan. so why i planing for server edition.

No, if you want updates, etc you need to pay every year a maintenance contract which is cheaper than the initial license, but still significant. See Maintenance https://www.manager.io/server/

Your maintenance plan gives you access to all application updates (both major and minor) and technical support for one year from the day of purchase. Your maintenance plan can be extended while valid. The extension is appended at the end of your current maintenance plan. After expiration, the maintenance plan can be renewed anytime. The renewed maintenance plan starts on purchase day.

1 Like

As someone that has used server edition in the past, and is comfortable with web hosting, I’d still recommend cloud edition.

if you have basic knowledge for VPS,
You can follow the instructions in manager installation page.
Instruction for server edition

It is not very hard to follow.
Before purchase server edition, you can install the trial version, If everything is okay for you. It is better to buy license key for updates.

You pay for the server version in

1. Direct licensing cost to NG Software (an annual fee)
  2. Hardware purchase an maintenance or online sever annual fee
  3. Server maintenance and management costs. Either your time to learn how to and actually do this or employ someone to do it.
  4. Insurance for failures (hardware, software and administrative). You can self insure but doing so does not alter the true business cost.

When you actually work out what these four items will cost your business, you will find the cloud version is cheaper for you.

Not sure if Manager is insured for this as each client could mess up any of their businesses…

If you are running a service, the cost of service outages due to failures is a cost passed on to your internal (or external) customer. If you are not very good at running the service failures can be frequent and long so represent a significant cost to your internal customers.

@Patch if this where true than most hosting providers would fold. In their SLAs they make clear what happens when for example their uptime drops below 99%. They will compensate proportionally the cost you have to get the service but never any damages resulting from it. If you use Server Edition and you use any of the commercial VPS or Server providers same will apply.

I agree though that as yet I did not see a SLA with Manager and maybe @Lubos should put one up as one of the businesses could bring the whole Manager business down as no 3rd party insurer would cover a damage by any of the businesses using Manager. Whenever some functionality after an update of Manager changes, disappears, malfunctions one could “claim” damages.

Don’t think so. I get the impression they’re all sandboxed in something like a Docker container.

That’s why every cloud subscriber is able to restart their own Manager server instance:

Source: Manager Cloud

Err no
NG Software is a more competent computer system operator than @Ibad_ur_Rahman
As a result if Ibad_ur_Rahman chooses to manage a computer system running Manager he will have more and longer outages than NG Software. That is a business cost which most business will self insure, by which I mean the cost is not recognised or planned for until after it has happened and even then the cost often is not recognised. However the cost of service outages due to internal skill limitations is still real.

Hi there @Ibad_ur_Rahman , were you able to go about hosting the Manager server edition on aws?