I found some bugs

I found some bugs, as shown in the two pictures

Not sure what you are pointing at. For example the second image shows 0 for both Purchase price and Sales price, which is correct as you need to enter these values yourself. You know what you would have bought the item for (Purchase price) and what you will be selling it for (Sales price). If you point out the alignment of Purchase and Sales price on the form than I would agree that this is an esthetic issue but not a bug as it would not affect the functionality. As for the first image I am at a loss what you try to point out. In the red circle it shows the Invoice number #364 the Invoice Date 22/02/2021 and View (as you are viewing the form). The number and the date are correctly put next to your logo on the form. So what are the bugs?

the second image , yes i point out the alignment of Purchase and Sales price on the form, In the first image, I refer to the date, not the invoice number, because it is repeated in the other reports

Maybe I am not seeing it, but the date under transaction is the same as the Date column, so why is this a bug?

Because before that, it used to show a (sales invoice - #100) as an example, but now the date appears next to the invoice number in the reports, and this is not important because it already appears in its column.

This is becoming more confusing. You first show screenshots of 1) sales invoices where in the link it includes invoice number and date which does not cange functionality and 2) Inventory items which turns out to be more an estethics issue of misalignment of labels. Both are not bugs. Then now you show a screenshot listing “transactions”, I do not even know which tab that is under, so please clarify. In the past you seem to have been getting sales invoice - #100 instead of date - #100 and indeed the column before that mentions date also. Not knowing where this list came from one can not ascertain if dates would differ as in issue and clearing dates… So not really clear why a third screenshot suddently is shown, where that came from and why this would be a bug.

I am trying to show you just what I mean and there is a fourth image for illustration as well.

Correct as before (sales invoice - #427) instead of (#427 - 18/03/2021)

1 Like

Sorry, I again fail to see or understand what you mean. Let’s hope someone else can help you or can clarify where the bug(s) are.

Ok, but try to look again at the path you might see what I mean :cry:

They are trying to explain the change in display that has occurred:

Previously you had this - 0000000 Bug 1a
Currently you have this - 0000000 Bug 1
The wording Sales Invoice has been replaced with a date.

Previously you had this - 0000000 Bug 2a
Currently you have this - 0000000 Bug 2

The difficulty with this change is that now you can’t tell what type of transaction #130 is.
Is it a Sales Invoice or a Purchase Invoice or something else all together.

Whilst it is not a bug, it has removed transaction clarity and also, what is the point of duplicating the date

3 Likes

Before this unwelcome change, any user with moderate skills can export the data to excel and use text-to-columns function to split the transaction by “–” and get transaction and number in separate columns.

Now, you either have to use an advanced formula to manipulate the data into required form. Basically, this inconsistency is an obstacle to the average user. That’s no good.

Also, it is more useful to have the type of transaction (i.e. sales invoice or purchase invoice) at hand instead of having to infer that from other columns and have date duplicated.

Idk what niche purpose this hedious format server but all I know is that it’s less useful than before.

To me, this new method is incomplete (transaction type has to inferred), inefficient (redundant date), inconsistent and poses obstacles for average users who wish to use the data outside of manager. If it’s not a bug, it’s certainly buggy.

The lack of professionalism with regards to updating the program is quite worrying. I have never encountered a manner of development where so many features that worked, no longer work and where there seems to be a very high number of bugs created in the space of 2 or 3 months!

The number of people who have complained about updates breaking or losing functionality seems to be growing (not just the usual suspects), but the developer seems to be living in complete denial.

The program is becoming increasingly unreliable. For the last two years, I have never updated on a live system. I now update on a test system, check everything works and then update as it’s the only way that I can run Manager now. Subsequently I have not updated for about 3 or 4 months so I don’t have to put up with all the bugs that have been introduced lately especially the loss of the today in the calendar.

I am planning on implementing an API, but am wondering if this is wise as no doubt a future Manager update will break the API meaning I will have to spend more money to fix the problem. Very worrying that I cannot depend on Manager.

3 Likes

I completely agree. The last two months of this forum are almost a unique complain of all the bugs introduced by the updates.

I gave up this thing a month ago for the same reason.

All that said, added the fact that data is not accessible by BI, that electronic invoices were not implemented, that Manager even changes numbers of locked period, in our company we are valuating to leave Manager, even if we paid for the server edition, and to go for something more professional.

The drop that broke the camel’s back was the introduction of custom reports for tabs lists that was immediately deleted after a day after two years of waiting.

2 Likes