HttpListenerException Error

Do you have two installations of manager running such as a server and desktop version?
Restart your computer, login to your usual user, look at the task manger and see if manger is already running.

I have only one version is running and also only one user running. Taskmanager is showing only one process which is ManagerDesktop.exe

You may have a conflict with a windows update, do a system restore, select a point prior to the problem occurring.

I have been facing the same error on launching Manager Desktop version. The problem started when i accidentally executed “ManagerServer.exe”. Have tried everything, restarting system, re-downloading the package, uninstalling and reinstalling manager, updated till 19.5.26 but to no avail. For the time being I have installed manager on second machine and using the previous data files.

Is this on a Windows PC?

It may be that the server version is started automatically when windows starts - have you checked the services running?

Could you run netstat -a command and see if anything is listening on 0.0.0.0:55555 ?

Yeah, but server edition by default starts on port 8080. Desktop edition is using port 55555. So this error wouldn’t be caused by server edition running.

I have checked netstat and ManagerSever also.
If i run the ManagerServer.Exe it shows http listener is running on port 8080.

I have updated my windows but problem is the same.

What to look for in services???

I have backed up my data before updating the version. Can i import it in any other free software?? I am irritated of this error.

the developer has asked you a specific question on post #20
but your reply is not specific. you are confusing everyone as to what edition of Manager you are using. is it the server edition or desktop edition?
if you are expecting to find a solution then please specifically answer what has been asked.

It is desktop edition

and your answer to the below question?

HKBMobile:0 is listening on 0.0.0.0.55555

OK, I think port number 55,555 for desktop edition is probably not the best choice as I imagine many programs might be using the same. So the new static port number for desktop edition is 64,079.

Desktop edition needs static port number. This is because if you want to interact with desktop edition through API, the address of the program is not changing between restarts.

How can i change the port number??

The latest version is using port 64079 so see if it fixes your issue.

You can’t change port on desktop edition - and there is an advantage for it to be the same for everyone.

Thank you lubos. After imstalling new version manager gets started.