How to know which invoice has been selected for payment in a report?

I have different people working on the same account in manager, They have their own business company. When customers pay invoices and my workers apply that payment in their business, how can I know wich invoice they chose? Is there any report that can tell me the invoice they chose to make the payment?

Not much of the help, if you using ManagerServer.exe within installed directory folder. Which has audit trail feature, at least the date shed some light to narrow down the search. Although only limited what you see in the picture at least you can ask the people to search it for you if you give them the date.

Some guide how to access ManagerServer.exe Installation | Manager

1 Like

Your question is not clear.

Do you mean different employees at your company handling different customers? Or do you mean you have different clients using Manager through your account, set up as different users, who have separate businesses under your account?

Are you referring to your customers paying you for services you have invoiced to them? Or are you referring to your employees entering transactions (doing bookkeeping entries) for clients?

Can you describe in greater detail what you are trying to learn? Are you trying to see where a specific payment was applied, such as when some customer’s account does not seem correct? Or are you trying to monitor all the transactions an employee has entered? Or is it something else entirely?

By people I’m referring to employees. They work in a business. They make invoices selling products to their customers and also receive money form the customers, paying those invoices
When my employees apply payments to the invoices, I would like to know which invoice did my employee chose to make the payment for the customer. I would like to be monitoring which invoices are selected for a payment.

Your answers are still not clear to me. You say the people are employees, but they work in a business. Are they your employees? Or are they subcontractors to you? Are they selling products to your customers or to their own customers? In other words, do you have customers assigned to sales employees, or do you have subcontractors or independent sales agents who sell your products to their own customers? And are they receiving money for your company or for their own companies?

Ok, sorry if I don’t make myself explained. By employees I mean that they are my employees, I purchased this manager account for them to make invoices and payments for our customers. I would like to be monitoring the transactions they make in order to see everything it’s going well. What I’m asking is: is there a report to know which invoice my employees selected to make the payment? For example: “Customer A” Payed invoice number 5 ($50 Dlls). My employee applie the payment to the invoice number 5 for $50 Dlls. But how can I know that he selected invoice number 5 to make the payment?

@INTERC Audit trail needs to be improved. Audit trail must show, reference number, users should also be able to click and view the transaction document from the audit trail and also have a search box and sorting with column heads to allow searching for transactions in the audit trail.

This will definitely be added to the app but I’m not sure it anytime soon.

1 Like

Thank you for that explanation. Your situation is simple. But getting the information you want in a single report is not. You can drill down in the Bank Transactions tab on the statement balance and look at the Edit screens of receipts. Or you can go into the Customers tab, click on the Invoices number and look at transactions. Or you can drill down on the balance of a sales invoice in the Sales Invoices tab. Or you can look in the General Ledger Transactions report under Accounts receivable to see what has been credited.

But none of these directly and automatically list invoice numbers. You can help your situation by insisting that your employees insert the invoice number as part of the summary level description. The description shows in various places in the approaches I have suggested. This will seem redundant as you enter a transaction, but helps when looking at various lists and reports to see something like “Receipt for Invoice 2345.”

1 Like

Ok, thank you so much. Those options may work