Hide Learn How to from users in Server Version

When users log on I would prefer if the “Learn How to” was hidden from normal users in the Server Version but not from the Administrator.

The options are more administrative and we do not want users to experiment with customization, renaming etc. I think it is appropriate for the system administrator only.

Perhaps when users are created the administrator can give specific users the “Learn How to” option rather?

Your thoughts.

2 Likes

There is much more there than administrative subjects. If you don’t want users tinkering with settings, don’t give them access to that tab or limit their ability to change. The benefit of Learn How to … is that users won’t have to constantly ask you how to do things.

Thanks, we are aware of the benefits and the use of the security features. This is certainly great for the desktop version but for our server implementation our users do not need this function.
The point is could it be implemented in a way where we can toggle the display of this feature, off or on based on a need to use basis. For example normal users do not have authority to access certain tabs such as Users or Preferences. Likewise under user setup we would like to have the option to suppress the “Learn How To” from showing up under the business selection for particular users?

Coming to think about it would be nice to hide / drop the Users and Preferences tab for normal users too, just like the “About Manager” tab does not appear for them in the Server Version?

Also please Consider the white label aspect in server edition.
When the user is set as Restricted User would be good if "Learn How to … " is disabled as it happens for About Tab.
else if its already available inside please guide me to disable.

There are two use-cases.

If you are an accountant and allowing your clients to log in to your system, then you probably want your clients to see the guides so your clients don’t bother you as much.

If you are a business where all users are your staff, then you likely provide structured training and guides are disrupting that.

I recognize both use-cases so it’s not as simple as make it hidden for all restricted users. Maybe this is going to be an option under preferences.

2 Likes

+1 in making this as an optional feature.
Is great but please let the choice to us.

Just want to thank you, the request / option to choose whether guides are visible or not has been accomplished once again with precision.

Is there any changes made to this functionality,
There was as option for restricted user, Now its open to all the users.

If you delete Guides.json from installation directory, guides won’t show. This applies across all editions.

1 Like