GST Return NZ

Hi,

I have just noticed that my GST return shows a refund of GST (which is correct) the report has the wording as GST to pay. Just minor though how can I correct please.

Screenshot - GST Report

Using win 10 and V 21.5.33

Many thanks
Grandpa

Why does this matter? It is a worksheet, not an official filing form. A negative payment is a refund.

Hi Tut

I did mention that it was only a minor thing, which would indicate it was not of concern, but merely an observation. ( in the past it has shown correctly)
Anway many thanks for your reply

Cheers
Grandpa

I assume if the NZ report transformation is now done via the no code interface which does not support flow control

You are correct, @Patch. That report transformation has the NoCodeExperimental box checked.

Cheers Tut. Do I fix it somehow, or just leave it.

Lubos changed it and intended it to be like that.

Basically, you cannot fix it. And if you could, every time you updated the program, the same version would reinstall, so you would have to do it all over again.

If you want to change or fix it

• Go to Settings → Report transformations → the report you want to change → click “Clone”
  • Edit the clone to change its name and make any other changes you want
  • Click “Create” at the bottom of the screen.

The process is analogous to creating a custom theme other than Manager does not yet stop you from trying to edit the built in Report Transformations.

@Patch is right. That is not fixing the existing transformation, but a way around it, for as long as it lasts. The risk is that the transformation scheme is experimental right now. What works today might not tomorrow.

I’m discouraging users to make changes to report transformations or translations privately. It’s usually waste of time because if something needs to be fixed or improved it will be fixed in global repository one way or another.

Hi. Guess I should leave this alone.
I also note that; on the GST Return in the body of the return; 2 Period covered by the return, is blank, as is telephone number, not showing in the report. But that maybe perhaps I haven’t entered the data somewhere. Again I guess only minor

Cheers
Grandp

Hi there,

Have just updated to Ver 21.6.35,

Now I have no GST return have attached screenshots. Seem to be missing NoCodeExperimental.

The edit screen asks for cash basis but the GST return screen shows Accrual basis,

Cheers
Grandpa

Could you try to go to Settings tab, click Import then re-import New Zealand GST return?

Hi Lubos

Did that no change, still not working. I also closed down Manager and reopened, no change.

Cheers
Grandpa

Hi Lubos

All working (with the exception GST to Pay/GST Refund)

Many thanks
Grandpa

I agree with Grandpa if it is a refund it should say a refund if its to pay it should say to pay.
I actually give these reports to my clients and that is going to confuse the hell out of them.

1 Like

I have just updated to version 21.6.39. My GST return shows the same problem as described earlier, namely, reports show GST on an accrual basis irrespective of the setting under the edit screen. Going to the Settings tab, clicking Import then re-import New Zealand GST return made no difference, even after closing and reopening Manager. Notwithstanding the heading, I am now uncertain as to whether the GST calculation is on a ‘Cash’ or ‘Accrual’ basis.
Cheers… Richard

Since my last post, I uninstalled version 21.6.39 and reverted back to version 21.4.31 (and uploaded my backup which I create before any new install). In version 21.4.31, the GST report correctly shows ‘Cash basis’ or ‘Accrual basis’ based on the setting in the edit page.

Comparing the GST reports between the two versions I found the GST amount shown in the report under version 21.6.39 is calculated on a ‘Cash basis’ [even through the report heading says ‘Accrual basis’] and the GST amount is the same irrespective of the setting in the Edit page. I know the results should be different, as confirmed by running the GST report in version 21.4.31, because I have an accounts receivable due, the GST for which should be counted in the accrual calculation, but not the cash calculation.

Cheers… Richard

@Gillrich the header issue on country-specific reports has been fixed in the latest version.