Generating custom report

hello,

I am trying to generate a custom report by customer wise for practice sake.
I have prepared the template accordingly. However, i see that the report shows multiple amnt for the same order number. (i had revised the invoices multiple times.) . the report must show only the final invoice amnt detail.

Request you to kindly advise how i can remove the data showing all the revisions made to the invoice.

First, if you want help with a custom report, you need to post a screen shot of the definition. No one can guess how you achieved the result you did.

Second, Manager is a double-entry accounting system. So you need to filter out ledger entries from accounts you don’t want.

In addition to the above. Bear in mind that itemised line items maybe appear instead of total amounts.

many thanks for your response. pls find below screenshot as desired.

as seen in the report many invoices are duplicated due to the revision in the amnt.
pls advise how to take them out of report…
Can we have access to the ledger to delete such incorrect entries?.

plsd to hear

You must correct the incorrect original transactions.

As for your custom report:

• Why are you selecting the order number off a sales invoice? Wouldn’t you want the sale invoice reference itself, which you have later?
  • Do you realize the sales invoice description you have selected is the overall description of a sales invoice, not the description from line items?
  • Why are you selecting receipt dates? That is going to produce entries from entirely different transactions.

In general, you have selected information about overall transactions, not about account ledger postings.

Request you to kindly elaborate how to do this.
My accountant had entered wrong invoice amount and same was corrected and revised invoices was issued.

You have not been clear about the circumstances. You can edit the original invoice. Was that done? It doesn’t sound like it. Did you issue a new invoice? If so, you should have either deleted the original one or issued a credit note against it, then raised the revised invoice. Whether you can delete an invoice depends on local laws.

Hi,
I just corrected the amnt and issued the revised invoice with all other data remaining the same.

Then what you are looking at has nothing to do with revisions. The database now contains only your revised transaction.

Dear Sirs,
Thanks for all the assistance provided till now. Have managed to make a little head way.
I want to generate a custom report showing the breakup of every invoice of all my customers.
i.e Basic service amnt + GST Amnt = total invoice amnt .

The tax amnt is showing 0 . Coudn’t figure out why. GST is levied at 18% in all my invoices. I have used the tax code feature to apply GST.

No matter whatever columns i try, coudn’t get the correct columns to appear.
kindly guide pls.

Do not see the problem. Please note that your screenshots show 7 report selections that would appear in the columns and these 7 all appear in your preview. I first overlooked it but the currency column shows the currency so all shows as expected.

@RAM93, you are confusing variables stored for line items with those stored for a transaction. Tax amounts are only stored for line items.