Function of Today Button on Calender

if i remember right, the today button did work as follows:
clicking on the today button did fill the date field with todays date and calender closed automatically.
since a couple of updates it works as follows:
clicking on the today button does highlight todays date. clicking on the highlighted date or somewhere
outside the calender validates and closes the calender view.
tried different date formats, seems to work this way for all formats.
shouldn t it be enough to click only once on the today button to fill and close the calender ? or is there
any other reason i am not aware ?

it has been like that for many updates now. not sure why the behavior was changed. maybe @lubos could explain.

1 Like

I have noticed this behavior, too. It is unexpected, so I am moving this topic to bugs.

I’m in favor of it staying the same.
I expected one of the last updates to be the one that happened like this.

I personally benefit from this feature And that the app stays working as it is now.

This way it is easier to chose yesterday, or a date that’s close to today if you are cloning from far away. Before I 've had to open again the date picker after I chose today, now I can change the date to yesterday or tomorrow. Hope I helped…

This does not make sense, if you would use Copy to rather than Clone you would get today’s date and can select straight away yesterday’s.

1 Like

You are right!

I had this workflow, from before “Copy to” was a feature, and it sticked with me…

So I hope that it gets corrected as per @Tut’s request as I do not see any reason why when clicking on “today” would not close the window thereafter.

Fixed in the latest version (22.1.3)

1 Like