Font type and size

Is it possible to change the actual font type and the size for manager reports, invoices and so on? Great program

There have been several threads previously on this topic. Search the forum for “font size.”

Thanks for getting back at me. The threads talk about font size specifically. What I am asking is font types (eg choose arial, calibri, new times roman). For quality purposes and identity development, we have standardised all our documents to a selected font type and it would be nice if this was also possible in Manager although it’s just a nice to have.

Same answer. Only the sales invoice template can be customized at the View Template setting. And you must completely recreate the template if you want all features. The example template that comes up is NOT the one used by default, so it does not include many features.

Maybe in future. The main issue is that if you have a standard business font, where is this font stored?

I do not seem to have too much trouble with the font / size … Of course you could hold your keyboard’s left Ctrl key down and spin the Scroll wheel on the mouse to zoom the screen in or out. This effectively makes the screen easier to read or packs more into the allocated browser area. Adjust until comfortable.

Just a simple question:

What is the font-name that is used in all Manager standard reports.

Depends on what operating system you are using and what fonts you have installed.

Generally, fonts used will be in this order:

1. “Helvetica Neue”
  2. Helvetica
  3. Arial
  4. sans-serif

@ Lubos,
Thanks for this answer although it is quite some time ago .I have Windows 10 installed and I really like the font and the font-size. I want to print my own documents that go together with the standard reports from Manager with the same font and size. There is a variety of fonts in the Helvetica family. (I assume it is Helevetica Neue)What specific type of font is used in Manager.
Thanks for your answer.

Kind regards,

Hennie

@Hennie, if you are looking to match transactions and reports generated via PDF, they are in the Google Noto font. This was substituted when the internal PDF generator was added to accommodate all the alphabets/characters used by the 70 different languages. (You might have noticed that PDFs do not exactly match screen displays. This is the reason.)

@ Tut
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I downloaded and installed the Google Noto fonts. But now I get confused. In windows 10 but also in Word, I can now choose from hundreds of Noto fonts. Can you help me out which one to choose when I want the same font as used for the standard P&L and Balance report with two columns? I live in the Netherlands as you are probably aware of.
Kind regards and thanks for your help.

Hennie

The ones that download in the Manager bundle for me are NotoSans-Bold, NotoSans-Regular, NotoSansDevanagari-Bold, and NotoSansDevanagari-Regular. NotoSans covers Dutch and 581 other languages. So that should be the only one you need to install on your machine for other applications to be able to match Manager’s output. Some applications generate bold, italic, and other styles themselves from a regular font. I would install both the regular and bold styles just to make sure you can match what Manager produces. (Manager does not install the fonts bundled with it. Its PDF generator just uses them.)

What I don’t know is whether Manager downloads to other locations include other fonts through some magic of detecting operating system parameters or IP address, etc. For that matter, I have no idea why my installation would include the Devanagari versions, unless they are always bundled. Or maybe the database records every language you’ve ever selected and covers all of those. (I did once answer a forum question that required me to switch to a language using that font.)

@Tut
Thanks for your answer.
One final question.
We now know that the Google Noto fonts are used for the pdf-generated reports, but is Helvetica Neue still the font-type that is used for printed reports as Lubos mentioned in his answer from Feb '16.
Kind regards,

Hennie

Manager is using Noto for every report

One thing I discovered while trying to run this down for you, @Hennie, is that Microsoft Office applications may not recognize and allow you to use third-party fonts. So for example, after installing Noto Sans, I can generate a spreadsheet with it in an Apple Numbers spreadsheet, but not in Microsoft Excel.

@Tut
Indeed. In the font-window, Noto shows up as an available font in Word 2016, but that’s it. It doesn’t recognize it.
I installed the open-source application Open-Office Writer (equivalent for Word 2016 and free software) and Writer recognizes the Noto font and prints it.
So for my own reports and text, I will switch over to Open-Office as this appears to be the only option in case you want the appearance of the standard reports Manager prints and your own text to be the same.

Kind regards,

Hennie

LibreOffice is also a good option

but it works good in Windows.

Just installed Noto-font for Mac and Windows10.
Font is recognised and can be used with for instance Word 2016 and Excel 2016.
So if anyone interested in how to do that I will make a small manual.

I would be interested. After I installed Noto Sans, I can use it with any application except Microsoft Office ones. Microsoft’s support site is where I learned they won’t support third-party fonts. Presumably, they consider Google a third party.