Font type and size

I use Noto under Office 2010 for Windows

Installing Noto Sans for Mac 10.13.6 High Sierra:

• go to Google Fonts
  • download for instance [Noto Sans 72 styles 582 languages 237 regions]
  • unzip the file, remember the location
  • open Launchpad and open “Fontcatalogue” (free translated from the Dutch word “Lettertypecatalogus”) in Other, where you can also find Terminal, Chess and Time Machine and so on.
  • In “Fontcatalogue” click once on [Windows Office Compatibel]
  • Go to “Add font” in “Archive”, that is part of the menu so you find it on the first line of your screen.
  • Click once on the folder name where you unzipped your downloaded Noto-fonts.
  • Click on [Open]
    The fonts included in the folder will now be installed in the OS.
    It worked for me, hopefully also for you.

Installation manual for Windows will be made tomorrow.

Thanks, @ries. In English, the application is named Font Book.

We may have regional differences in the application. Where are you finding [Windows Office Compatible]? I am not able to find any such option/button/etc. The Noto font shows as being installed in the Font Book list. And I can do everything with it I can do with other fonts, including manipulating it in Font Book and selecting it in all applications except Office.

You have a newer version of Word and Excel. Maybe that is the difference.

Maybe this will help:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_mac-mso_mac2016/windows-office-compatible-folder-not-displayed-in/91e1a7ca-ee4f-4656-8de1-371fa4b0ae32

Be aware that in the last link the user writes that apparantly the solution was to close all applications and do a reboot on the Mac… (Seems a typical Windows solution to me :wink: ).

If you have Office 2011 for the Mac, you may be out of luck.
[Applies To: Office 2019 Office 2019 for Mac Office 2016 Word 2007 PowerPoint 2007 Office 2016 for Mac Office 2010 Office 2013 Less]

That explains it.

Installing font Noto Sans on Windows 10:

• go to Google Fonts
  • download for instance [Noto Sans 72 styles 582 languages 237 regions]
  • unzip the file
  • open the unzipped file
  • now you will see a lot of Noto fonts, choose the one you like, for instance Noto Sans Regular
  • right-click!!! on the file
  • an option-menu will open and one of the options is [install]
  • after installation is completed the font can immediately be used, even if a program like Excel was open.

Note:
This should work for Windows10 in combination with:

• Word 2007
  • Powerpoint 2007
  • Office 2010
  • Office 2013
  • Office 2016
  • Office 2019