Few Questions about template-variables

Hello,

First of all I want to praise you for this program which works very well as an AppImage under Ubuntu.

I have a few questions:

• How can I find out the variables that are used in the template (e.g. the ‘due date’ and ‘customer ID’ etc.)?
  • Is it possible to change the languages-output in the template or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

You will find these answers in the guides - you should always search the guides before asking in the forum
If you look at the themes, you can get some idea of the variable names, but in general they are not exposed

Set language

I’m not that stupid :smiley:

It’s not about changing the language but the name in the invoice template.

What is the name of the variable for the due date for the invoice template {{ due date }} does not work.

1 Like

Why don’t you include details in your topic to make it easy for everyone to know the topic without opening the topic and also to help people find your topic in the future if they get similar issues and search the forum?

Done.

1 Like

You can’t change the name in the form used to edit the transaction, if that is what you are asking. You can change the name on the form in the View and print versions using the custom title option

As for finding field names, does this help Liquid templates & field names - #2 by Tut

A search in the forum shows up a few more threads that might help

Ok, thank you.

I need the due date variable for invoice template thats all at this point :slight_smile:

Anybody that knows that?

Thanks.

If you are coding something, you should already know how important it is to be precise when discussing such things. There is no such thing in Manager as a “template.” There are email templates and themes. The former are written in HTML. The latter are written in Liquid. Use of both is described in the Guides.

When looking for specific variables applicable to one transaction type, use the Batch Create function to get a list of variables. You will see that sales invoices include the variable DueDate. There is also a Guide for that.

When creating themes, understand that all transactions share the same theme variables. Those variables are reassigned based on transaction type. The due date on a sales invoice is an element of the array variable {{ field.text }}. Its label is an element of another array named {{ field.label }}.

Here again, your question is confusing because of your terminology. What do you mean by “languages-output?” Email templates and themes are written in the applicable coding languages. There is no “output,” whatever you meant by that. Language preference for the program itself is selected as described in this Guide: https://www.manager.io/guides/9156.

Okay, thank you i will have a look at all this when i am back from vacation.

Can you say me please the array number of due date please?

{{ field[?].text }}

PS. I just wonder why the variables are not disclosed, there’s nothing wrong with it, I completely understand that it’s not opensource, but the variables are part of a well configured system and belong in the guides (constructive criticism) :slight_smile:

I don’t know it. If I were writing a theme that used it, I would use a conditional filter.