Error Message Accessing Forum

This fix wouldn’t affect Linux version at all so I assume it’s still an issue there.

Just upgraded to Manager 16.9.0. Problem still exists.

On another note @lubos, I have to say that you have created a stunning piece of software. Much kudos to you.

I updated to Manager Desktop 16.9.1 on Mac OS X 10.11.6 and it is working again for me.

Thanks for everyone’s help in identifying the problem.

It seems to me that too much of the burden of supporting this software falls entirely on one person, namely @lubos
Community support is vital.

@lubos, as of v16.9.13 of desktop edition this problem is back. On Mac OS X 10.11.6 both Guides and Forum link lead to a timeout error.

Well, it doesn’t seem to be exactly the same problem. Timeout error could indicate the forum was inaccessible for the short period of time which will happen from time to time. Is it still happening?

Yes.

Just to narrow it down, still works on Windows so whatever the issue is, its probably related to Mono

Sorry for jumping in here late guys, I’ve only just seen this thread.

I’m on a mac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), I’m on manager 16.09.11 currently and I see both forums and guides in Manager and links generally work.

I’ve been using manager since somewhere in 16.07 (not sure of my first download, somewhere around mid-late July) and the only problem I’ve ever seen is the odd missing guide.

Just tested right now without an issue. Happy to provide any further info if anyone needs

The problem was fixed, but according to Tut its back again in the latest version - 16.09.13 which is newer than the version that you have installed.

@Tut I just upgraded to 16.09.13 and can access guides and the forum, which is how I got to this post. :slight_smile:

Ha! spoke too soon…

Well, not exactly. I’ve been needing manager the last couple of days while I’ve been out. So I just setup the server edition on a ubuntu box I have sitting here.

manager from the webpage via the server edition get’s the SendFailure (Error writing headers), but running direct on the desktop version on the MBP works without a hitch.

It could be something I’ve done wrong in the server version, but everything else appears fine.

I never really understood the utility of having an enormous button within Manger to launch the Forum. I have the Forum bookmarked in my web browser. Why would I need to use it from within Manager?

If there’s a nagging bug with the Forum button that would distract @Lubos away from more important tasks on the Roadmap, then why bother?

2 Likes

Perhaps the Forum Button within Manager is the link to the FAQ.
I’m guessing that most users only ever go to the Forum when needed rather then as a daily fix.

I suspect that this is the main cause. Some of us like to view the forum like reading the daily newspaper, but most probably never visit the forum until they have a problem.

1 Like

This is pretty much it. These buttons are not that important and when they break, it’s quite difficult for me to reproduce these connectivity issues. So in the latest version, both buttons are gone.

2 Likes

Good move. Now that there are only – what? – five buttons left on the top, maybe it’s time to rethink the overall UI and reclaim that valuable screen real estate for something else.

Top navigation is reserved for top-level entry points into the program.

• Businesses
  • Users
  • Preferences

They are all on the same level. Businesses don’t own users and users don’t own businesses so they have to be on the same level. Preferences are for global settings affecting all businesses and all users.

I see nothing wrong with the top navigation. You might complain about unused white-space but I think it’s part of the good design where the overall look gives more clarity to “where you are” in the program.

It’s wrong to think of it as waste of space.

1 Like

My WORLD HAS ENDED!

ROFL … I AM just kidding (just in case anyone thought otherwise) :slight_smile:

It seems I am also getting this Error Secure Failure message ? working fine the other day, will not let me email either?? HELP!!

@Julie_Harrison, if you are not up to date with latest version (v16.11.68)), many changes have been made recently. Update and see if that fixes things.