Employee clearing account

Hello,
i have entered payslips for an employee to whom we pay in two different currencies for a month by creating two different accounts in employee section for the same employee. The two accounts of the same employee are in INR and UGX. Now the scenario here is after the updating of the payslips and we go to check the employee clearing account the amount in that particular account where i set the currency as INR gets converted exactly as dollars when i change the base currency to USD and Vice Versa. But in case of the UGX employee account that doesn’t happen even though i change the base currency from USD to INR the summary should be showing the employee clearing account of UGX labelled employee should the values converted to INR which don’t happen. For ease of understanding i am posting pics for these problem below

1. Base Currency Set to USD
    a.Employee A/C name SALEEM INR - set currency as INR &
    b.Employee A/C name SALEEM UGX - set currency as UGX
    now the scenario is
    The below image is screenshot of the SALEEM INR A/C when base currency is set to USD and
    The below image is screenshot of the SALEEM UGX A/C when base currency is set to USD !
    Now i can see the both the screens show the values are in USD with appropriate conversion of default currencies

but in the next scenario here

1. Base Currency Set to INR
    a.Employee A/C name SALEEM INR - set currency as INR &
    b.Employee A/C name SALEEM UGX - set currency as UGX
    The below image is screenshot of the SALEEM INR A/C when base currency is set to INR
    The below image is screenshot of the SALEEM UGX A/C when base currency is set to INR !!
    NOW AS YOU SEE NOTH SCREENS SHOW THE NUMBERS IN INR BUT REGARDING THE CONVERSION EMPLOYEE A/C SALEEM INR IS SHOWING TRUE CONVERSIONS AS THE VALUES ARE ORIGINALLY ENTERED IN INR BUT THE NEXT SCREEN IS ASLO SHOWING VALUES IN INR BUT THE CONVERSION ARE NOT EXACT WHICH MEANS THE SYMBOL OF THE CURRENCY CHANGES AND NO THE VALUE .

I DON’T KNOW IF ITS A BUG OR I HAVE BEEN DOING SOMETHING WRONG KINDLY HELP

The base currency should not be changed like that. It is supposed to represent the currency you use for your accounts

The amounts outstanding can be in different currencies but will be converted to your base currency on the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet

i understand but given the preferences in the software the preferences should be applied automatically just to know if its a bug or me doing something wrong. Even though the base currency shouldn’t be changed the screens should project the numbers according to the preferences set by the user. Hope that should be corrected anyways thanks for the prompt reply

I couldn’t read the screen images you posted as the text is too small, so I am not clear about the problem

Could you post them again

To test the process one step further, what if you change the base currency to UGX, does:
Employee - Saleem INR show as conversion to UGX
Employee - Saleem UGX show as UGX

Or, does the same data problem occur as occurring with INR.

PS - Please do not post comments in CAPITALS, these should be edited.
PS - When posting screenshots, please use a snipping tool and not the “print screen” button and this causes excess data to be shown along with difficulty to read.

You are doing something wrong. As @Joe91 wrote, the base currency is not meant to be changed. It is not a preference as you apparently think. It is a fundamental definition within the software. Changing it does not have the magical effects you seem to expect. Manager’s multi-currency capability involves many different intertwined modules and functions, but they share two characteristics. Numbers entered are presumed to be in the currency associated with the account or subsidiary ledger involved in the transaction. And the entered numbers do not change when base currency changes.

When a control account like Employee clearing account is involved, there is a conversion to base currency for purposes of display on the balance sheet. (All balance sheet figures are in base currency so the books can be balanced.) But amounts in the employees subsidiary ledger are in the employee’s currency. Changing base currency doesn’t alter those numbers like it does for balance sheet numbers. Nor are all the other numbers in the database converted to the new currency. They remain as entered. Only converted numbers change.

In summary, all sorts of unexpected things can happen in many different places in the database when base currency is changed. Flipping back and forth as you seem to do should not be expected to produce meaningful results.

Like TUT said even though i changed the base currency to UGX it doesn’t change the numerical it only changes the currency, anyways i understand and agree to design and programme such a freeware like manager is more tuff than we talk so thanks for the reply everyone. But as u know if some development can happen in the next updates for issues like these it would be great i hope. thank u all once again have a nice day.

I don’t think this is an issue with Manager as a “freeware,” In fact almost all accounting systems work this way. What Multi-currency feature, as far as accounting software goes, means that the system will accept inputs in foreign currencies and automatically “remeasures” them in terms of a single base-currency, this automates currency conversion, centralizes control over transaction rates, updates all calculated values based on changes in user inputs, but never changes user inputs based on changes made to the master tables.

To better illustrate the problem with what you proposed, we need to distinguish between two types of values / attributes in every database: “User-inputs” and “Calculated values.” The software will capture your user-input value for the transaction-currency and uses another user-input value for the name of currency to calculate the base-currency value. Now suppose you changed your base-currency, the system will proceed to change the currency symbol of all transactions set to base currency by default, and recalculate base-currency but never the user-input values for transaction-currency. A good database will never change user-inputs.

However, I understand why you may want to “translate” (not “remeasure”) your accounts in a different currency and the solution is not to change the base-currency. Instead, the solution might be to have a new “dynamic view” that translates the reports from your base currency to any currency you choose.