Employee Clearing Account keeps accumulating

I have an employee clearing account accumulating, it shows salary payments since Dec 2017. There are some staff who have been laid-off yet still it shows up in employee clearing account as salaries to clear. I have not set recurring payslips as well. Any help?

you seem to have only recorded the payslip and not recorded the actual payment transaction.
read this guide Manager Cloud

Generating payslips raises liabilities to pay. The payslips are not just documents, they generate expenses and therefore liabilities. So You have to spend money to clear the liabilities.

I have recorded the payslips and actually paid one out of three employees. However, my issue is that I see in “employee clearing account” an accumulation of past salary payments I made in Dec. 2017 still showing up. Is he account PERPETUAL?

if you had made a payment transaction, then click on edit of such transaction and make sure you have selected the employee clearing account under the line item account column.

Understood perfectly. However, I see more than necessary employees to be paid out in the account in question.

Screen shot

The figures I’ve circled with pencil are the salaries I paid last year. And the last figure of ghs500 is the salary I paid just yesterday.

He date for the 500 is 21st Dec , can’t be yesterday.
Besides your account has been running on debit for some time before payslips started crediting the account to reduce the debit balance.

The account should be credited before debited basically.

You are doing something wrong. The name of the account is payroll liabilities. And not employee clearing account. You are definitely not doing something right.

Check the guides on “Pay Employees”

I have checked the guides on paying employees and have followed it. And sorry the last ghs500 is still an old record. The current pay-out I made of ghs500 is NOT REFLECTED in the payroll liabilities and has not BEEN CREDITED in that account. Yes am aware am definitely doing something WRONG. STILL NEED HELP. This is all the info I can provide on the salary transactions.

In the employee clearing account, the figures I have circled include past two of our past employees salaries, FOR WHICH I HAVE NOT ISSUED A PAYSLIP.

Your last screenshot seems to show all Payslips - let me show you some examples.

Payslips have been created for two employees with no payments and a payment to a third employee has been made with no payslip to date

Payslips tab

Employees Tab

Employees Clearing account

Note how the minus figures represent the Payslip transactions and the positive figure represents the payment.

Now if the missing Payslip is created - The Employee Clearing account only shows unpaid payslips

Payslips tab

Employees tab

Employees Clearing account

Thanks. Will take another critical look at the accounts to find out where am doing things wrong.

@Daniel_Arthur, @Abeiku already pointed you towards understanding your problem, but you may not have realized the importance of what he wrote.

Employee clearing account and Payroll liabilities are two different accounts with very different purposes. The first records amounts you owe to your employees because of payslip earning items. The second records amounts you owe to outside entities (such as a tax authority) because of payslip deductions or contributions. Read the last topic, Payslip effects, in this Guide: Manager Cloud.