Clearing out Payment made in advance

last year pay

I am accounting for last year’s employee payroll. I have already created the clearing account and added the employees. I have also already gone through all our payments and categorized them into the correct accounts. But it shows up as paid in advance. How do I submit a slip to clear out those advance payments? I created a slip but only give some the option to add a “New Payment”. but that would only add another payment to the overall P/L.

Is there a way to clear those out?

You need to furnish more information:

• What “clearing account” did you create? And how?
  • What “it” shows up as “paid in advance?” And where does this show?
  • What payments are you referring to having categorized? And what accounts did you post them to?
  • Why do you call these payments “advance payments?”
  • What “slip” did you create? There is no such thing as a “slip” anywhere in Manager.

Everything I have asked about should be illustreated with screen shots. And everything you refer to should use terminology from the program. Otherwise, no one will be able to understand you. So far, it sounds like you are using several features of Manager’s payroll capabilities incorrectly.

Blockquote * What “clearing account” did you create? And how?
Employee Clearing account is automatically created when you use payroll

Blockquote * What “it” shows up as “paid in advance?” And where does this show?

When I imported the transactions from 2023, I “categorized” or assigned each transaction to the correct account. In this case, I assigned each payroll payment made to the employee clearing account and chose the employee it belonged to

Blockquote * What payments are you referring to having categorized? And what accounts did you post them to?
See above it answers this as well I think.

Blockquote * Why do you call these payments “advance payments?”
I am not sure what else to call them since Manager itself refers to them as “Paid in advance” refer to SS above

Blockquote * What “slip” did you create? There is no such thing as a “slip” anywhere in Manager.
payslips

It looks like you have added payments to employees but have not created any payslips

So Manager categorizes your payments as “paid in advance” as there is no payslip liability to set the payments off against.

What exactly do you mean by “accounting for last’s year’s employee payroll” ? Surely that was done last year?

It is most unclear what you actually trying to achieve

1 Like

from 2022 and before we used an accounting software called Sunrise. It was later bought off by Lendio and discontinued.

I was not advised that no one was doing any accounting due to the software being discontinued. (we are a small business).

So now, I am trying to reconcile and do all the accounting for taxes, w-2s, and all that other good stuff. So I am literally doing what should have been done in 2023. So I am trying to reconcile the account. The only thing missing is the payroll. If I create a slip now, would that set the payments off?

Have you read all the Guides pertaining to payroll? In summary, payslips create liabilities to the employee through credits. Payments post debits to the Employee clearing account to zero it out.

So it seems like you are transferring your accounts from another system to Manager starting from 1st January 2023

You need to create the opening balances and then enter all transactions for 2023 including the payroll entries

As Tut said, please read the guides at Guides | Manager