Email Setup Error

Hi,

I am trying to setup the email for our business, but i get the following error.

System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure: RemoteCertificateNameMismatch
   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.SendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, ExceptionDispatchInfo exception)
   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.CompleteHandshake(SslAuthenticationOptions sslAuthenticationOptions)
   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ForceAuthenticationAsync[TIOAdapter](TIOAdapter adapter, Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] reAuthenticationData, Boolean isApm)
   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(SslClientAuthenticationOptions sslClientAuthenticationOptions)
   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(String targetHost, X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, Boolean checkCertificateRevocation)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.AuthenticateAsClient()
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(String host, Int32 port)
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.GetConnection(String host, Int32 port)
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.GetConnection()
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
   at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.Businesses.Business.Settings.EmailSettings.EmailTest.Post() in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\HttpHandlers\Businesses\Business\Settings\EmailSettings\EmailTest.cs:line 88
   at ManagerServer.Startup.<>c.<b__1_1>d.MoveNext() in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Startup.cs:line 123
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware.g__Awaited|6_0(ExceptionHandlerMiddleware middleware, HttpContext context, Task task)

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Siyab

Can you provided more details

• Do other feature of Manager work OK
  • has email worked OK for you in the past, via manager or via other email apps

But looking at the error, it looks like this is a problem which is external to Manager

Btw this section of the guides maybe relevent, partiulalry the last guide (and linked guides) if you need further help
Emails: Email transactions and reports | Attach files to emails sent from Manager | Use email templates | Review email | Track whether emailed attachments have been viewed | Troubleshoot email issues

• Do other feature of Manager work OK
  • Yes everything works fine. We have the cloud version.
  • has email worked OK for you in the past, via manager or via other email apps
  • This is the first time I have tried to setup the email for the company in Manager. The same email works fine on Outlook.

Hi,

Was able to solve it.

Initially, we entered the contacts name in the Username field. Once, we put in the email id under Username tab, it worked.

Thanks

I have exactly the same error message as you, but my username is correct (e-mail address), so I’m still left with the problem.
I don’t know if the problem is “external to Manager” because my Microsoft Outlook uses exactly the same credentials just fine.
It is also my first time trying to set up e-mail in Manager.

Post screenshots of the internal error you got along with the error message as text

Also, follow the instructions and furnish all information in this Guide: Troubleshoot email issues | Manager.

9 posts were split to a new topic: Internal Error in Emails