Effect of date selection

Hi all

I believe that in todays computing world, there is no need for different files for each financial year.
The process available in the current solution works well.

The only request that I have, is that when we set summary to a date range, this should apply to all.
e.g. When I go to supplier or customer and click on the qty or value, it should only show details for the same period.

Thank you
J

@HansieP, your post was moved to a new topic because it was not related to the thread where you posted it.

Your suggestion is not feasible because customer and supplier balances are subsidiary ledgers of Accounts receivable and Accounts payable. They often depend on transactions outside a specified date range. This is true of all balance sheet accounts, which are perpetual.

1 Like

Hi Tut

Thanks for the clarification.

Perhaps my requirement is not clear. It would be great if we could have a date filter in such screens.

Thank you
Junaid

Your request was clear. But it ignores the fundamental requirements of a balance sheet. Such a report would misrepresent the position of the business. In other words, it would not be a balance sheet. What you want would be provided by the General Ledger Summary.