Edit Invoice Template

I would like to know if there is any way i could only change the template of sales invoice alone…

I have edited the sales invoice coding in html to suit my needs and i have successfully done it. the problem is that the changes i made is now a global change as the same template has been implemented for purchase orders, sales order, credit notes, debit notes, etc.

For example, there are few text descriptions i inserted which is supposed to show only in the invoice but now they are visible in every form or report and thats irrelevant to them.

is there any option or html code which would enable me to make the changes i made affect only the template for invoice and not anything else?

thank you

1 Like

Templates are not used any longer in Manager. What you write about are themes. They are called that because they affect every form. You should understand several things:

1. Information that you want on only one form can be entered in the Notes field and set as default content. Notes will accept HTML, so is quite flexible. No custom theme is required.

2. Themes are written in Liquid, a templating language. You can look up syntax on the web.

3. You can make things appear on only one form using replace filters based on the title field.

4. You can also do what you want with multiple custom themes, using different ones for different forms.

5. If this doesn’t make sense, that’s probably a sign you don’t have the coding skills to do it yourself and should hire someone locally who does.

@sharpdrivetek have a read through this topic: [16.11.1] Added new themes for invoices, quotes, orders, receipts etc - #113 by Tut
You may find it helpful.

thank you for the reply… i had a workaround method by modifying the html to include what i need depending on the title…

1 Like