Desktop with remote database

i bought server license which is now working fine.
is it possible to use Desktop edition on windows and connect it to database of cloud or server edition.
hopefully it will increase speed as only database will be loaded and other files will be already in local computer.

i saw some softwares with this function, if possible, it will be great addition.

Desktop edition is designed to be an offline version of Manager.

I am not sure what other files you are referring to. Manager only needs access to the business database file.

yes, but in serer or it takes more time to display whole page specially if internet is not good. if we can connect to database with desktop, it will increase speed.

If your problem is slow internet speed, why do you think accessing your database in the cloud will help? That would only be doing the same thing the server edition does. In fact, the desktop edition is exactly the same as the server edition, but its browser looks on the local machine for the data instead of some internet location.

Yes, you can move your data file location to the cloud. There are been many discussion of this on the forum. But none of the potential configurations gets around slow internet access.

my point was it will reduce data to load, if only database is loaded from remote server, it should increase speed. right now web page(software) and application database is loaded from server, using application database only from remote will make difference.

however if you think it will make no diff then discussion close.