Data Export

Hello friends, quick question… couldn’t find a guide on Manager’s ability (if available) to export data in a format usable for other databases. I’m all about efficiency and would like to use Manager as a central database for my customer info in creating address labels, reminders, etc. Is there a way to do this?

You can use Copy to Clipboard to copy the data from most lists

But I don’t think that Manager is the best solution if you are looking for a Customer Relations Management system - there are hundreds of software solution for this

I understand that Manager is for accounting, however, it does contain the basic info that I am looking for. Using a 2nd program would be redundant IMO. Simply being able to save as .mdb would make it VERY universal for database mgt purposes. I mean, I could create my own MS Access database for that matter, but why bother if the info is already organized in Manager?

Thinking in reverse, it would also be efficient if Manager could import Customer info from an outside database like the programs you mention. Either way is a useful tool to make bookkeeping quicker and easier. Let’s face it, entrepreneurs aren’t starting businesses to spend hours a day managing the books.

Look at

• Manager’s batch create/ update
  • Manager’s API
  • Manager’s localisation / report transformation

Report Transformation is closest to what I need. However, I created fields for customer name, address, etc but it only produces a report for customers who have been invoiced. My newer customers who haven’t had any account activity yet are left out. I even used sort and group to try and trigger Manager’s query to pull ALL customers and that didn’t work either.

Looks like I will just have to go old school and use Excel or Access. I researched CRM’s like Joe91 suggested and they are more than what I need. I DID discover that Manager may be losing customers because some of the CRM’s include financial/accounting in their features. It would be nice to see Manager add these basic features in future versions. It wouldn’t take much to add an address book feature and the ability to export in .csv or .xls for programs such as MS Word or Avery Labels to use for envelope/mailing label creation.