Cutstom column + quantity total in Sales invoice

Hello,

Custom fields are working great but why not adding a custom column in invoice?
We sell goods in KG. in different type of packaging. 1000 kg of “inventory items #1” in 25kg bags is 40 bags. Same 1000 kg in 50kg bags is 20 bags. Why there is no option to make custom column to put this the number of packages? I can calculate Qty/package size and put the result in description field but it’s much easier to have it in an separate column.

Also why there is no option to calculate total of qty sold? Sometime I have invoices with about 30 lines, every line has different quantity in kg…4056, 325, 5674 and so on… I have to put an extra line with Inventory item called “Weight TOTAL” and then calculate the total qty in calculator and after it type the result in qty line.

I have tried to make this in custom invoice, but i didn’t manage which variable do i have to use in order to calculate Qty total…

I think the above mentioned options are vital for companies selling products in different packages…

Hope to see those options soon in manager. Or maybe there’s a solution already?

Happy easter to everybody!

Regards,
Alex

1 Like

Interesting feature. Many will find this helpful.

I’m not even saying that an option of package in inventory item would be great.
So you can assign that “item #1” is sold in 25 kg bags. It means that if you enter in sales invoice number of bags sold, it will automatically calculate the QTY or if you enter QTY it will calculate the number of bags.

Do you buy your inventory in bulk and re-package into 25/50 kg bags or do you buy in ready packaged bags?

If you buy in bulk and re-package then you should be using Production Orders which converts inventory from one type in to another - loose to package, read here Manager Guides

Therefore inventory #1 - Bulk, would be purchased in kg but then converted to inventory #2 - Packaged 25 kg bags or inventory #3 - Packaged 50 kg bags. So then you are selling the package size x number of units.

If you are purchasing already packaged units, then you are selling the same packaged units. It doesn’t make sense to buy packaged units and sell them as kg.

Why? Is each of these qty lines an inventory item, if yes, then why not price each line instead of only pricing the total qty. Can you provide a screenshot of an invoice. [quote=“hexis75, post:1, topic:5139”]
I think the above mentioned options are vital for companies selling products in different packages
[/quote]

Selling products in different packages just requires each package size to have its own inventory item.

How could this be achieved without the entire Manager Inventory system being re-written as the current logic as used by thousands of Manager users is “qty * rate”, not “size * qty * rate”. It would be far simpler to arrange your inventory in accordance with unit (selling) size rather then total qty size

This discussion is similar to Invoice template for plywood business - #14 by mkrawat, where product size was trying to be added to qty * rate.

We are dealing with used clothes. We collect them, sort them into different grades and then pack them in different packages according to the type of clothes inside or their grade. First two quality grades have the same amount of kg in each bag. 25 and 50… the third grade clothes are pressed in big bales, the weight of each bale varies.
When i’m doing export customs declaration, I have to mention how many bags of each item we have loaded. So we enter not only kg’s but also number of packages. That’s why they are so important for us.

Because I also need the total weight of invoice for export customs declaration. For sure I can calculate it manually, but why?

I don’t know if you have to re-write it… But we are actually using an old programm written in access.
In product management I can assign how is the item sold PCS or KG and I also can assign how many PCS or KG is in one package. Because our bookkeeper is not only asking how much KG we have sold but also how many packages.
In europe, when you deliver goods with trucks you have to fill CMR document, where you have to write down the number of packages and also their weight.

Thank you for your comprehensive disclosure. Manager is an accounting package and is probable not going to be a complete substitution for your current special purpose access product management program so perhaps the two have to work in tandem.

Does your current access program provide both the product management (including appropriate documentation) and the accounting functionality?

Currently, there is no alternate suggestion to your “total weight” invoice line, that’s probably as efficient as you are going to get, as 99.9% of Manager users don’t need to accumulate their “qty’s”

Manager does have a Delivery Note tab which can compliment an invoice but it lacks a “number of packages” field. Read here Manager Cloud.