Customer Statement | Due Invoices

Thanks for said clarifition, so its negative for Custom Report too :slight_smile: !

This does not resolove the problem and there are a lot of other challanges. Specially, data integrity, reliance and a battle in data transformation. Yet, we were doing the same and finally we integrated all modules in Manager and exploring options one after the other for effective use of Manager!

I had explore it earlier and learnt that there is no such document availible for API integration, as we planned to integrate receipts with bank too. Would appreciate if you can put some light on it in fresh topic or tag me to such discussion where I can easily understand for API.

Yes, it’s monthly billing each month same fee. In addition, there is annual fee which is spread in four installment at year start so first four month bill will go with monthly bill and installment 1 and like wise.

We opted for the reoccuring invoice and custom theme which fulfills our purpose in normal course but once a case of deferment (understanding for future payment) it does not suffice our purpose.

Credit Note is a good suggestion and will also explore further, if we can mold some procedure. However, you are considering period as one year however we have monthly reporting system therefore proceeding with this would affect monthly revenues.

Thank you once again with thoughtful suggestions!

It wouldn’t. Keep in mind that you will make one credit note and one new invoice in the same month of revision so the effect on sales and receivable will always cancel out.

Suppose you issued an invoice in March for 50 which is due in August. Later in June, the customer requests postponement.

What you do is this:

• Copy the original invoice to a new credit note in June for -50
  • Clone the original invoice in June for 50 due in September.

The effects on sales and receivable in the month of June is Zero (50 for invoice -50 for CrN).

However, the original invoice is no longer outstanding in June and has been replaced by the new invoice which is due in September.

All of that is assuming the period is locked. If the period wasn’t locked you can simply go ahead and change the due date directly in the original invoice.

Still another way to bypass the period lock is to single out the original invoice by searching for it and then batch update it by only changing the due date. No need to unlock and relock this way.

Our invoices issued on 1st of every month and due on 15th. Credit Notes seems to be one of the option but does not suits logical flow and adds un-necessary entries.

We have opted this way, but this does not have affect on unpaid invoices and statement shows as is; our requirement is to exclude that future due from current statement. By changing the due date, it off-sets earlier due invoices from receivable which was recently explained in another discussion.

@Rajwani, your difficulty comes from the fact that you want to create invoices but not have them show on statements. This is illogical. Why do you not want the customer to know the complete state of their account with you? Why do you think your customers cannot read due dates on their invoices and determine what must be paid and when?

The reports available in Manager are completely ordinary. If you want something so unusual, I think you should not expect Manager to produce it for you, because making it available will cause confusion and problems for others. Sometimes, when you have unusual needs, you must accept the fact that whatever you need must be produced outside a standard accounting package. In decades working in many industries, I have never encountered a business that did not perform some accounting tasks outside its main accounting system.

Actually, as mentioned earlier in other topics too that we are managing school operations where a voucher/challan is issued with arrears and the same is paid in bank (bank, school and parent copy). Unfortunately, there is no other provision in Manager to issue such required voucher; which we pronounced as Show Stopper. After through study, Manager’s Guide and support on different topics on Manager’s Forum, we reach to a conclusion that Unpaid Invoices with Custome Theme can suffice the purpose and the same worked smoothly for couple of months.

I think, this has nothing to do with standard of accounting package. In addition, we are not demanding any unusual. It is common norm across all education system even utilities companies too.

There is simple technique that when there is arrears and customer seeks installment, you support them and do not break ticket items/invoices; that’s petty much it.

I understand it and as I mentioned earlier that we were working in parallel system and it was really a pain to transform the data and use the same for financials which is addressed to an extend with integration. Beside, I think, outside application should be seek for Management Accounting/Report and Financial Analysis purpose untill Manager plan to reach there not for meeting basic and necessary operational needs i.e. issuing a voucher; practically that’s does not sounds to be a solution and system is live and updated on daily basis.

The following is the sample statement sent to the customer with fee names and descriptions.

The customer has requested to send the statement of only due invoices which means one need to exclude the last two invoices. Based on this statement, customer process the payments and so on.

@Rajwani is there a reason you are ignoring all the suggestions already provided by users who took time out of their schedule to help you?

many methods were already explained to obtain the details which is your unique requirement. no other user has requested it. yet you are stretching this discussion in hope of a feature to be developed so that you can have a one-click solution.

in post#12 @Ealfardan provided you a custom theme which is the best solution for your requirement. why don’t you try it and give feedback on that appreciating their effort to help you?

1 Like

Before I worried about accommodating the customer’s style preferences, I would focus on getting the customer to pay their overdue invoices.

Given the above information I think that the obvious solution to your problem is to issue the statement as at the end of the month (not early in the new month) and this will exclude invoices that are not overdue.

Is this too obvious, or am I missing something?

@sharpdrivetek None of the suggestion had been ignored, we kept discussing and trying to find out one of the best way out from the bottle neck situation. In addition, none from our team is a programmer therefore we cannot easily understand the codes and it takes longer than expected from any other frequent user/programmer. Earlier in other topics, we have also requested if can be align with a programmer so it was informed to look for own…

@Ealfardan Thank you so much for wounderful solution!!! We had tried your suggested changes and it worked perfectly!! Then we applied the logic behind the same in our existing Custom Theme.

Thank you once again for your support!!

1 Like

I don’t know why this is the case? Now that we themes, API and custom actions I think there should be another page for developers just like we have for accountants.

i do not think that would be a good idea because the roles of accountants and programmers are different.
accountants explain things that are already available whereas programmers need to create what is not available basically.
accountants can help new users understand and implement Manager to suit the requirements of their country.
having a page for programmers will automatically make users demand services which is against the policy of the forum. moreover the programmer would be obligated to update their work every time something changes within Manager.

maybe a separate category can be added on the forum where users, as a contributor, can link their posts related to custom themes from various topics. this will help searching for a solution easier.

Community support exist on the concept if paying forward.
When user 1 needs help with Manager they go to the Manager forum, and another user helps them find a solution.

In turn when another user 2 needs help and they go to the Manager forum, now user 1 helps them out.

If the forum environment is supportive, this process grows.

Importantly not all users are strong in all aspects but together a lot is known. So everyone does not need to be an accountant or programmer, which is fortunate as most users are neither.

It is correct some aspects of forum etiquette need to be managed.

• other forum users provide help, not labour services. So the user requesting help must be prepared and capable of doing the required task.

• users must feel they have come to the right place, typically judged by discussion being relevant to them and at a level they can comprehend.

Manager is customisable and in fact needs user contributed customisation to be relevant across the broad range of jurisdictions it addresses.

Customisation is more difficult than using Manager. So a supportive forum is required for this to occur.

The important consequence of this is for Manager to survive in the long term, it needs to support community programming or dramatically change its businesses model. The alternatives are:

• just service higher profit jurisdictions
  • charge much more

For the above reason IMO Manager need an advanced customisation / programming sub forum, not shown to new Manager users, but to which interested users can subscribe.

1 Like

i am not against supporting others. i am just saying things would quickly get out of hand with customization requests.
first we start with helping someone rename a field and then the day is not far when we find ourselves doing remote sessions.

the admin or the moderators have never been restrictive when we chose to provide a custom code. they never flagged or deleted those posts.

having a separate category for custom codes on the forum would maintain a non-commercial environment where the users can contribute their custom code. it would simply be like bookmarking a page or similar to a guide. this will help users have realistic expectations yet get the necessary support on the forum.

Thanks @Patch. I agree with everything you said but didn’t that many users don’t have an idea where to start and many of those are willing to pay money for customizations but don’t know who to talk to.

I don’t see no harm if users can find a paid developer from Manager’s website or forum, in fact it’s a big plus in my book.