Custom Reports dont reflect customer balances

Hi,
In custom reports, i have tried generating reports with customer balances however, it shows balances as zero whereas i have already entered opening balances as well as posted invoices in customer accounts.

I have applied following criteria

Please help me resolve this issue.
Thanks & regards

Have you tried using the Customer Summary report? This may give the details you require.

Reports-> Customers-> Customer Summary

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Yes i did. It provides total balances but i need some further details through custom report. I just need assistance in my custom reports whether i am selecting right criteria. What table or field is meant for total outstanding balances.

Did you drill down on the customer balances?

Yes I did. I just need assistance in my custom reports whether i am selecting right criteria. What table or field is meant for total outstanding balances.

I need total outstanding balances in several reports i want to customise

Hi,
In custom reports, i have tried generating reports with customer balances however, it shows balances as zero whereas i have already entered opening balances as well as posted invoices in customer accounts.

[image

](https://global.discourse-cdn.com/business5/uploads/manager1/original/3X/1/a/1a5e4d2d7cf1fbc2bbacf50f1a1ee33335c993c6.png)

I have applied following criteria

[image

](https://global.discourse-cdn.com/business5/uploads/manager1/original/3X/a/d/ad420f26abf0636d1ece2eda1c249474366bdda1.png)

Please help me resolve this issue.
Thanks & regards

Asif Hayat

Custom reports use the transactions in the General Ledger.

You need to select transactions where the account contains “Accounts receivable” assuming you have not renamed this account

Something like this

Hi Joe,
Many thanks for your reply. The report is being generated and it shows debit and credit transactions which i am already able to generate. I want total outstanding balance in last column which i am unable to generate.

Simply, you can’t

You could export the report to Excel, for example, and calculate the running balance in Excel

Customer outstanding balances are available in built in “Customer Summary”. There should be a way to calculate it in customized report.
Even in Excel, there is no way to calculate it since customize reports give credit and debit balances only. Opening balances or running balances cant be calculated and its a real limitation if the system doesn’t support it which is basic thing.

Well, sorry, bit it is simply not possible to do it in the current version of the custom report feature.

As you say the balances are available in the Customer Summary report but this is a built-in report with its own logic and coding.

The system already includes a lot of built-in reports which meet most needs

@Joe91 is correct @asifhayat, it is not possible to obtain starting and ending balances in custom reports in their current configuration.

I would suggest that possibly the closet to what you require may be the Customer Statements (transactions) report.

Reports-> Customers-> Customer Statements (transactions).

First set the period with the dates you require and you will see a list of customer balances. Then drill down for each customer individually by clicking the “View” button. This will show the opening balance (if not zero), the transactions, and the closing balance for the period you selected,