Custom Field in Aged Receivables Report and Running Balances

Hi,
I have implemented Manager.io by replacing quickbooks. I am happy with the robustness of the system however, I am struck in a situation where I plan to roll back the system, mainly due to limited reporting capabilities.
If I able to generate a couple of reports, I can save my lot of time and efforts already put into customising Manager for my business.
I need to include Custom field e.g. Market Type in aged receivable report. I have several different products and several market segments. Aged receivables just give a complete list of customers which is not useable for me unless I get a report while applying certain custom field filters e.g. Market Type, City etc.
Moreover, I need running balances (total outstanding balances) in several customise reports. However, Account > Balance fields don’t provide any data.
Dr. and Cr. balances for a certain period are available but total outstanding balances also needed.
I understand running balances are available in customer business summary report and similarly in customer statements but that don’t serve my purpose.
If I don’t get a solution, I will have to switch back to my old software unfortunately.

Thanks and regards,
Asif

Hi Asif,
Regarding receivable aging by custom field, is it a custom field:

1. It is a custom field of the customer you are talking about? In that case, have you tried incorporating the market type in customer code and get the details from the customers tab?
  2. You mentioned that you had several different products, so is it a custom field of the inventory items? In that case, I don’t know if you will ever find this ability in Manager or most other software. I can’t see a practical use for splitting receivable by product.

Regarding running totals, as far as I know they are always available in tables sorted in chronological order – as expected – and they disappear when you sort the table differently because they don’t make sense in that case. Where else do you want to see running totals?

Maybe giving some screenshots on how these reports worked in Quickbooks for you may be useful for us to see how some could provide more specific advise.

Many Thanks for your reply.
In aged receivables we cant incorporate custom field.
as you mention incorporate custom field in code, that don’t provide you aging of receivables. secondly if you have multiple custom fields like Market Type and City and you need aging accordingly, its not possible.

Second running balances are not available in custom reports. if you can give me an example that would be great help.

Here I have shown my issue:

Please also let me know if there is any option to write query and generate reports.

Yes, that’s true. But until a solution is introduced, you can workaround this by copying the customers tab to a spreadsheet program and processing it from there. You will have to make the custom fields Show custom field aa a column.

I’m not an expert on custom reports, but I don’t think that generating a running balance is possible. Maybe you can manually do it in Report Transformations but that wouldn’t be efficient.

I think standard reports should have built-in grouping functions similar to sales invoice totals by custom field. Or maybe future report transformations will provide a solution to both of your issues.