Custom Field Incorrectly Appearing on all Forms

I hope I am not misunderstanding the logic behind the program but believe I have discovered an urgent bug for custom fields appear where they should not.
See the screenshot showing a setup custom field below that should appear in printed documents for “Customers” only.

Now I have edited the columns in the standard page view and it shows correctly in the following screen that I would expect - see below

If you then use the customer to create an invoice the custom form appears on the “Invoice” but I authorised it to only show on customers not Invoices which is an option - see below

I believe I have grasped the logic of the program and this is incorrect and needs urgently correcting

When you look at your first screenshot, it seems like your custom field has checked:

Show custom field on printed doucments

You need to uncheck that.

I appreciate what you are saying but what is the relevance of making sure placement states ‘Customers’ for surely it should appear on ‘Customers’ view documents only and not ‘Invoices’ that are not mentioned in the placement field. Its a logic thing and I am sure it has changed

I understand what you are saying, in the end singular checkbox Show custom field on printed documents is not flexible enough to accomodate for all the variations.

What I’m working on are new custom views where you will be able to inject custom fields into views freely. Similar how it’s currently working with merge tags and footers.

Once that is implemented, we won’t need Show custom field on printed documents checkbox anymore and you will have more flexibility on which documents are your custom fields shown and how.

2 Likes