Could you please test new "Print" button?

I would prefer to maintain access to the operating system’s print capabilities to take advantage of advanced print options. Having to first create the PDF and then print it is cumbersome.

Other times, the direct PDF creation would be useful, such as when creating an attachment for electronic transmission. (Of course, for Mac users, it can all be done from the OS X print dialog.)

So I suggest keeping both Print and PDF buttons.

2 Likes

I am certain this issue will be over in a few days time. Internally generated PDF is the real deal. Let see what happens

Manager internal PDF first and Nitro PDF second. Also font size is arial 8 in Manager pdf and 10 arial in Nitro PDF. I recommend changing the Manager one to 10 because 8 makes the invoice look very unprofessional as it seems dated. But alignment issues are the main problem as users have reported and the rhs of invoice is cut off by the pdf printer. Using Win 7 Pro 32 bit.

@lubos Would it be possible to rather have a Print button that when you click on it, it shows the printers on the system and the Manager PDF option, but when you select your local printer, it actually creates the Manager PDF in the background and then opens the Print dialog of your pdf viewer program, without actually opening the pdf itself

This way you solve three problems. The program uses the Internal PDF Creator of Manager which will eliminate a lof of issues like background printing not working in Windows (if people don’t configure IE settings) and secondly, the end user doesn’t have to create a pdf and then print it, if all they want to do is print the report. Third, the user can choose which PDF printer they want to use as some of us have PDF Printer software like Nitro and there may be times when we want to use a dedicated PDF Printer for whatever reason eg I might want a hyperlink to be active on a report or invoice.

The latest version (16.10.20) is fixing most of these issues.

One thing which I haven’t been able to fix are those error messages. I’m not able to reproduce them. If you get an error after pressing PDF button, could you send me the accounting file in which the error occurs to lubos@manager.io? I’m curious what’s up with that.

Some problems are fixed. Others remain. Referring to the various tabs mentioned in my earlier posts in this topic:

1. Left margin misalignments on expense claims, receipts, payments, transfers remain.
  2. Paid in Full and probably other stamps on sales invoices show differently than screen view.
  3. Error dialog remains on purchase orders.
  4. Purchase invoices have no PDF button.
  5. Debit Note formatting problem remains.
  6. Error dialog when printing reports remains.

All of these problems are observed on MacOS v10.12. Backup file has been emailed as requested. It is my version of Northwind Traders.

I need to test on Mac. The error is not happening on Windows.

When I get home from work today, I will test out the pdf again on my windows 7 32 bit pro.

Running OSX Sierra. When i clicked on the PDF button, i got the following error

FormatException: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
  at System.Number.StringToNumber (System.String str, System.Globalization.NumberStyles options, System.Number+NumberBuffer& number, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo info, System.Boolean parseDecimal) [0x0005e] in <4fbd3dde245b44dca2ad330af7c17ed0>:0 
  at System.Number.ParseInt32 (System.String s, System.Globalization.NumberStyles style, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo info) [0x00014] in <4fbd3dde245b44dca2ad330af7c17ed0>:0 
  at System.Int32.Parse (System.String s) [0x00007] in <4fbd3dde245b44dca2ad330af7c17ed0>:0 
  at ManagerServer.PdfConverter.ApplyStyle (Apitron.PDF.Kit.FlowLayout.ContentElement section, System.String style) [0x002f3] in <05a43c57da8449b493082634addea693>:0 
  at ManagerServer.PdfConverter.ContentElement (HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlNode node) [0x00178] in <05a43c57da8449b493082634addea693>:0 
  at ManagerServer.PdfConverter.ContentElement (HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlNode node) [0x000ee] in <05a43c57da8449b493082634addea693>:0 
  at ManagerServer.PdfConverter.Tr (HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlNode node) [0x0001a] in <05a43c57da8449b493082634addea693>:0 
  at ManagerServer.PdfConverter.Table (HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlNode node) [0x000df] in <05a43c57da8449b493082634addea693>:0 
  at ManagerServer.PdfConverter.ContentElement (HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlNode node) [0x00020] in <05a43c57da8449b493082634addea693>:0 
  at ManagerServer.PdfConverter.ConvertHtmlToPdf (System.String input, System.IO.Stream output) [0x003cb] in <05a43c57da8449b493082634addea693>:0 
  at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.Pdf.Post () [0x000ed] in <05a43c57da8449b493082634addea693>:0

I can see the minus sign improved in version 19.10.20. In version 19.10.13 it looked like "ÿ"

My sales invoice however still complains (with default template):

Example output version 19.10.13:

Example output version 19.10.20:

I realised that your default PDF can also affect the feature. I was using an old Adobe reader version and was getting blank pages except for the document headings eg “Invoice”. So I updated and it works well.

The only problem is that, it is not available for journal entries and purchase invoices.

I also just noticed that inventory write offs cant be viewed and printed out.

And yes, the water marks dont show right. I mean the Paid in full and Overdue stamps

The latest version (16.10.24) is fixing almost all reported issues.

1 Like

Progress is being made. :slight_smile:

On macOS:

Still getting the following error message when trying to generate PDF of purchase order:

Purchase invoices now have a PDF button, but it generates this error message:

The Debit Note formatting looks great. In fact, it points out a flaw in the regular screen shot. The Reference heading is below the line on which Supplier and Issue Date are aligned when the Reference field is blank. When something is entered there, everything lines up. On the PDF version, the headings are aligned even if the Reference field is blank:

Some reports can now be generated, but those seem to all share three problems:

1. Subtotal and total lines are not right-aligned with figures above them.
  2. Vertical spacing between lines seems to have been lost. Everything is jammed tightly together.
  3. Column headings that are not wrapped on screen are wrapped in the PDF

A few screen shots will illustrate:

Screen:

PDF:

Other reports are still generating error messages, including:

• Statement of changes in equity
  • Bank reconciliation statement
  • Cash Summary
  • Trial Balance and who knows how many more

In the latest version (16.10.25), I fixed the layout issues on reports but I’m not able to reproduce those error messages (even on Mac).

You can send me the accounting file with the purchase order which gives you this error and I can try again.

The Debit Note problem seems to be fixed, after you removed the Reference heading if the field is blank.

P&L looks right.

BS looks OK on Northwind Traders, but I get the error message for my real company.

Other reports still have problems. Of those I can get a PDF for, several still have the alignment and vertical spacing problem mentioned before. The Fixed Asset Summary can now be generated, but format is completely wrong:

I’m sending you the Northwind backup that is still triggering the errors. Could this be a macOS Sierra thing? Have you updated to v10.12 yet?

OK, could you check if those errors are still appearing in the latest (16.10.26)?

With PDF Xchange Editor I get this message about Errors detected in the XREF Table. I don’t get this message with Nitro Pro. A google search comes up with this - Exporting file as PDF and XREF Table. Basically the file being created does not have the right settings for the XREF. Making fixing the XREF will fix other errors as well?

PDF Xchange Editor can be found here - PDF Xchange Editor Download

I don’t have this issue when printing to pdf using the pdf printer software that I bought.

Here is my output 16-10-26

And it should be like this (16-9.98 Kubuntu 14.04)

original

original