Copy to "Inventory Write-offs" new feature

Hello

is there any way that we can add the copy to “Inventory Write-offs” From purchase invoice?

Sometimes I need to buy a big purchase invoice from a supplier that contains 50 lines and later I need to write off those inventory items so I have to reenter all the items in the inventory write off form

As currently implemented, the Copy to function applies only to sales- and purchase-related transactions that are part of a regular workflow. Inventory write-offs are neither. Can you furnish a more detailed description of why you would ever want to write off 50 items you just purchased (to use your example)? Write-offs are typically rare accounting entries that follow physical inventory verification or specific, non-revenue withdrawal of stock from inventory. The potential for misuse of such a feature seems quite large.

Thank you for your fast reply.

We are running a non profit organization
And what we are facing is that we are buying drugs from a pharmacy and we are distributing those medications for free
So I’m using inventory write offs as a lumb sum

Please consult an accountant in your jurisdiction

In my opinion, you should not be treating the drugs as inventory items in the first place. Inventory comprises goods held for sale or production of items for sale. Inventory constitutes an asset that can be converted to income via sale. That is not your situation. These drugs sound like a current operating expense to me. Consult a qualified local accountant.

1 Like