Cloud Server Updates

Hi @lubos, I really appreciate the effort you put into improving our beloved product. But sometimes these improvements are so fundamental that they will take everybody by surprise.

I was thinking how would the community react if these changes were announced and users were given sufficient time to study them, absorb them and make changes ahead of time to avoid or minimize any side-effect of these changes.

I suggest we have three things:

1. A message board within manager itself for announcement of any fundamental changes ahead of time. The message board should discuss the core changes, their effect on the accounting database and what the user might do to adapt to them.
    Maybe something like this or maybe in the settings.

2. Enable the user (mostly Cloud based) to delay updates by not restarting their server (I know there’s a delay of rollout of new update, but Idk if its possible to have the user involved)

3. Provide a transitionary version where both the old and new method works, just to hold the users’ hands during transition.

Idk if all of these suggestions are possible, but I think any one of them would be a great on its own.

4 Likes