Clarification regarding server license

Example

If I buy a license for duration 1 year of manager server version 19.1.0

In the course of 12 months, the version was at 19.8.0. before end of license period.

After the end of license period, I reinstall the version 19.8.0 does the trial reminder still activate?

The verification of license need to hook into internet or it can be activate offline?

The ‘perpetual’ seems dubious for me if the trial reminder still activate after the license expired for the same version before the end of license expiration.

After the end of license period, I reinstall the version 19.8.0 does the trial reminder still activate? no
The verification of license need to hook into internet or it can be activate offline? automatically offline will occur if you will not purchased the licensed.

There is no online activation in server edition. Basically your product key will work with version 19.8.0 (as per your example) forever. It is perpetual.

3 Likes

Thank you @lubos.

Hi @lubos i bought a server license and install in on a test server locally for testing…I am happy with it and now wants to migrate it to an online hosting for use with my clients…is it a simple copy and paste of the manager installation?

Are you trying to

• Install your licence on a new server
  • Move business files
  • Move user permissions
  • Install Manager on a new server
  • Set up server backup, fire wall, domain name hosting

Or something else

Install license in a new server (cloud) and decommission local server…

I believe you just enter your licence code in the new server

1 Like

Thank you.