Chart of Accounts

Dear @lubos , would it be possible to add Codes also to Groups and Totals of the CoA?

1 Like

Why?

1 Like

Codes for groups is cool but codes for totals? I’m not sure.

If you want to have a code for a Group just make it part of the name. Totals are already grouped and therefore do not need any code in front of them. Therefore not sure why this would be needed but happy to learn from your reply.

I have already codes inside names, they are the one requested by Italian law. I need additional codes that should appear everywhere to use them with BI softwares.

Yes, as I understood Italian Tax authorities have codes for financial statements as prescribed in articles 2424 (Balance) and 2425 (Profit & Loss) reports. However, it does not have mandatory rules for Chart of Accounts as you may have fewer or more accounts based on needs and size of the companies, but it would make sense to mix the mandatory and add the voluntary in a CoA.

In the mandatory statements it does not include codes to be added to totals, but as I already wrote just use the word “Totale.” for each group total.

I now better understand your request as you want to use business intelligence software to further delve in your systems and then it would make sense to have the codes separate from the account and group names, but I do not think that these would need to include these for totals either as these should be calculated / generated as in Manager by the application.