Chart of Account Codes

Hi, I’ve been trying to add codes to my chart of accounts using the code box in the account code screen. It seems to take the entry okay when I hit the update button but when I go back into the account the code has disappeared. I’ve tried running the trail balance to see if the code would appear there but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I believe what has happened is that account codes were added as a program feature after the report templates were created, so they do not appear because the report templates were not changed. They do appear on the Summary page.

Can you explain what you mean when you say, “…when I go back into the account the code has disappeared?” Other than the Trial Balance, where to you expect the codes to appear? Or are you saying that they disappear from the chart of accounts?

Hi Tut, the codes I’ve entered aren’t showing on the summary page, nor do they show when I go back into the chart of accounts. For example, if I go to Accounts Receivable and enter “ASR001” in the small box on the right of the screen then press Update, Manager goes through the motions of updating. If I come right back out of the COA screen then go back in and select Accounts Receivable, the small box on the right is empty. The code has disappeared and doesn’t show up either here, in the TB or on the Summary page. I don’t expect to see it anywhere else other than COA and TB although it would be quite useful to see the code beside the description when using journals for example.

Manager will only accept numbers as codes in the COA.

Hi Tut, thanks for the info, I’ll have to re-jig the numbering. Thanks for your help, its much appreciated.

might be useful if it flagged up an error message rather than looking like it has accepted the input.