Change Receipt default Sequence

how to change the default receipt number into new default number.
suppose my default sequence is 1819000122, now I want a short receipt number starting from 5001 how to change and make new sequence default

you can only use a larger number than the existing number if you wish to use the automatic numbering feature. this is because Manager finds the highest reference number among existing reference numbers and adds 1. if you need to use smaller number then you will have to enter the reference number for each transaction manually.

That I have read but is there any way we can change it as this number is getting bigger and my customers are not happy with large numbers same is the case with my invoice.

no. this is the reason why reading and understanding the guides completely is recommended before using it for a live business.

if you want to use smaller numbers, then at the end of financial year create a new business file with starting balances.

@himayun19, there is one one possible way of accomplishing this. I did it myself when automatic sequences were first added for all transaction types. But it might not be suitable for you, depending on local regulations or laws governing sequence numbers for taxable transactions. It also might give you problems because of changes to documents already given to customers. It worked for me because all my sales in this particular business were via sales invoice. So my receipts were purely internal documentation. The process also numbers both receipts and payments with a single sequence. (That is the only scheme that can be maintained going forward, because Manager’s automatic numbering includes both types of transactions.) That also was not a problem for me, because I had not previously been numbering transactions at all, because keeping track manually was too much work. Here is what you do:

• Using the Batch Update feature, copy the list of receipts and payments from the Receipts & Payments tab listing.
  • Paste everything into a spreadsheet.
  • Confirm that the list is sorted by date, oldest to newest.
  • Renumber the oldest transaction to the beginning sequence number you want.
  • Use the fill-down feature of your spreadsheet program, selecting the option to fill the series. (Thus, if 1701 was your first number, you would get 1702, 1703, 1704, etc.)
  • If you want to restart the series for each accounting period, enter the desired number for the first transaction in the new period and repeat the process. (For example, the next year you might start with 1801 and fill the series down for that year.)
  • When complete, copy the spreadsheet and paste back into the Batch Update box.
  • Be sure you have checked the automatic numbering option for payments and receipts under Form Defaults in Settings to continue the series with new transactions.
  • If you are introducing new numbers at the start of new accounting periods, make sure your first transaction is manually edited with that number before entering any other transactions. (The edited number must be larger than the previous period’s highest number.)

Seems a very nice suggestion can you guide me through but how * When complete, copy the spreadsheet and paste back into the Batch Update box.

Illustrated instructions are in the Guide: https://www.manager.io/guides/9572.