Cashflow statement

I am not against the idea, but I think that a request like this needs to be detailed explicitly so that other users can have input. The program has to cater for many users and designing it to cater for only a few verbose users is not feasible.

Also, the Cash Flow Statement (or “Statement of Cash Flows” as it is often called) would need to maintain the 3 Activity groupings required by accounting standards and the COA groupings would need to be sub-groupings and often duplicated in each of the Activities groupings.

1 Like

In fact the three main groups should remain and we should be able to create subgroups and also to collapse these subgroups.

What happened to this report? As it been abandoned incomplete?

This is a very important report, why this report is incomplete after all these years of talking. One of any accounting system rating items is it’s reports and I think every one here is asking for a basic report.
Mr @lubos , come on I’m sure you can fix it well.

I hope nobody talk anymore about payments & receipts summary instead of this report.
Many users are waiting you Mr. @lubos

It is not. In fact, enhancements and additional flexibility for the Cash Flow Statement were just announced recently.

Very good
Do you mean I can now use it with confidence and rely on this report?
I did not use it to avoid errors in the report, especially since I am not well versed in its preparation and I would not have been able to discover errors in it easily.
But now it seems to me that all the cash balances at the end of the period during the comparative periods - in one of the reports I have prepared now - are identical to the cash balances in the balance sheet for the same comparison periods.

Just because the cash balances are correct does not mean that the format and analysis of the changes conform to your reporting requirements.

In my case it can not be used as is because the manner it deals with non-cash expenses does not suit my reporting requirements

For example a change in the level of accruals gets reported in Adjustments to Reconcile Net Profit to Cash whereas I would prefer to see it in Changes in Working Capital

That’s what I said, I just noticed balances matching and I’m not sure if there is any something wrong in report unless I try it.
your comment is very helpful to know where is the weakness point in this report… Thanks

I agree 100%. That’s what is on the base of my requirements. I have to comply to a format of CF which is set from our central bank which is not compliant to IAS or GAAP. So my requirement is to have the same flexibility that we have in BS and P&L to set my chart for CF.

That depends entirely on your requirements, which can depend on accounting standards that may apply in your jurisdiction, the nature of your business, and the specific transactions you enter.

There are no errors in the report. But cash flow statements in general vary substantially according to the factors mentioned. Whether this particular implementation meets your needs is something only you and your accountant can determine. If the report is inadequate for your requirements, the shortcoming will most likely be in the classification of activities. And that, of course, is the primary topic of this discussion. If you are not qualified or experienced enough to judge, generate a report and share it with an accountant for an opinion. There is never any risk in creating a report in Manager. You can always edit or delete it if you don’t find it useful.

Today I spent a lot of time previewing all reports, especially the cash flow statement. In fact, I did not find a problem with it’s results. I also re-read this topic trying to understand it well, the conclusion is that the report from the accounting point of view has become complete and gives all the required data, although some active members believe that it is necessary to improve the report and support the possibility of arranging it’s elements to suit each user, unless this violates the accounting rules. Here I support them, I do not mind at all to upgrade and improve the reports in Manager, Sure it is really takes effort from the developer @lubos who in fact is flexible and offers solutions as much as he can. I thanks him again, he deserves to be trusted for what he is doing here.
I preview the topics in forum periodically which is very useful for me in quickly surveying the system, bugs, ideas and new features beside reading the guide.
@Tut you are very organized and accurate in your answers. I often benefited from your clarifications and comments, thank you for that.
Finally, I will follow up on this topic, waiting for the required improvements, which have become the crux of the matter.