Cannot send email

I cannot send email. Got this message in red: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Authentication Required. Learn more at

See this guide
Troubleshoot email issues

Successful email transmission in any particular Manager business requires compatibility between

• user entered parameters,
  • email provider settings,
  • email provider security updates
  • user computer & network settings,
  • (ISP network settings)
  • Manager functionality.

Incompatibility in any area can block email functionality. Which is why the guide requests posting lots of debugging information.

By the way, when did it last work for you and what are you aware you have changed since then.

The other day emails were not sending from the Program for me and an error message was appearing . Can’t remember if it was the same as yours or not .
So I logged into my ICLOUD account and created an app specific password , copied and and pasted it into email settings in Manager and all fixed . This has happened before so thought it was worth a try .

Hi

The only changes I made was to ugrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Professional. Before that my Manager email worked perfectly.

Adriaan

Thank you Summerhill

But I do not have an ICLOUD account, only a DESKTOP account.

Hmmm … once again I am not sure if your error message was the same as mine .
But historically I have found that the email problems occur after an upgrade to something at my end such as an OS upgrade or an upgrade with the a Manager Program version .
Even if you are using the desktop version your email settings will be affected by an upgrade .
Either way I suggest checking that the email settings in your Manager desktop version are correct now you have upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 especially if you are using the email (outlook ?) that comes with windows . :slight_smile:

@Andries
You will need to provide more information if you want more specific help to fix your email problem.
Please look at the guide and provide all the information. Doing so will maximise the chances other can help you.