Cannot change to new numbering for invoices 2018

Wish you happy new year.

I have tried to start a new invoice sequence for year 2018 by manually entering the first invoice number 10000101.
Unfortunately when I try to issue 2nd invoice it doesnot follow the new sequence but goes back to the last invoicing which was 20170348.

Can you please advise what could be the problem; I was doing this every year and was working fine. Our version is Manager 17.11.41

Manager takes the biggest number and adds 1.

So, the 20170348 is bigger than 10000101. Why don’t you continue with 20180001?

I didn’t notice it was smaller; I decided to use the same numbering from now on so I don’t have to remember to change every year. I will use a higher number and see
thanks for the tip

Wish All a very Happy and prosperous New Year.

I used simple number for invoice number but after the advent of GST I started Using Alphanumeric
i.e up to june I used number from 1-1580 but from July I starded Using in the format FP/001 onwards
Now I have to manually enter the invoice numbers . hence frequent errors… can u suggest a wayto get around this problem… Thanks & Regards

Manager only supports numbers at present for automatic numbering of invoices.
if you want to avoid errors use only numbers for your invoices. if you are entering it manually then it is the user responsibility to avoid errors.

Thanks a lot for the info, I will start using only numeric format from Next FY,

@nichri - as per previous responses, you’ll need a higher number.

Instead of starting at 10000101 for this year, start at 30000101, as 3000 is greater than 2017 and will give the desired incremental effect.

I already did as advised, i.e. use of higher number and it’s already up and

Many thanks to all for your assistance.

@nichri, please do not post personal information on the forum. Yours has been deleted. If you are responding via email, delete such information before sending.

thnx for the tip; will have it in mind while posting from now on.

good day