Bug with payer/payee on bank rules

Hello,

I am trying to import .qif file format from my bank. I have created bank rules, and they seem to be working. In bank rules I defined type of client, and other parameters, but when I batch update and finish import process, I always have to edit transactions and select Payee/Payer again, eventhough I set it in bank rules. Screenshots follow
brave_d5SBGfUjIm
brave_DkHfedXC0w

Also, I dont think .qif format is parsed correctly. This is what one entry looks like when opened in notepad:

D22/02/2021
T-841.20
CBOOKED
N0.0
PNovi Volvox
MPo računu
LNekategorizovan trošak
^

Seems like just “M” line should be “description” in both places of entry, and “P” line should be “payee” or “payer”

What version of Manager are you using?

The QIF standard was never documented well, as it was not meant by Quicken for outside use. Quicken has not supported it, even in its own products, since 2005. While a P line is loosely defined as a Payer, and M as a Memo, some institutions put payer/payee information in M lines. Most use no M lines at all. So some parsers pick up anything in an M line as also belonging to the payer/payee. You can just never tell.

If your bank offers any other formats, try them. The only thing less dependable than QIF is CSV.

I am using cloud version of manager.

What about bank rule not being implemented right? Set payee/payer do not transfer to actual transactions when processed

That part of what you are seeing does look like a bug to me. I cannot replicate it because I don’t have access to a bank statement in QIF format. But it may be a universal problem. I have moved the topic to the bugs category and edited the subject.

I am having the same problem. But I use OFX. The file format is irrelevant as the payer/payee information is defined in the bank rules not in the file being imported.

When I do batch update, it’s not updating the supplier/customer/other field.

Hi @lubos ,
I can replicate the problem. It occurs regardless of the import file format (qif, ofx, csv), bank account (specific/any), or Payer/Payee Type (Customer/Supplier/Other). Please see the screenshots below.

The Bank Rule is created:

The Bank Import has been made and one can see the Bank Rule in action, and the Payer/Payee info there:

After Batch Update the information about Payer/Payee is gone:

Thank you!

Should be fixed in the latest version (21.3.49)

Yes, it works now as supposed to. Thank you very much!