Blank Screen

Hi
I’ll try to explain;

If I open Manager (from task bar where it is pinned) after the computer has been in “sleep mode” I get this when, see screen shot.

So I have to close Manager then reopen it. To get it to show the summary screen. Is this normal behaviour. Im using windows 10 and Manager Ver 21.2.13, This has been a problem for a wee while, and I hope I’ve explained so as can be understood.

Look forward to any constructive comments.

Kind regards
Grandpa

That was the same problem I was having after installing webview2. Removed it and haven’t had a problem since.

Hi

I’m pretty hopeless at some of this stuff. But what is the best way to remove webview2.

Many thanks
Grandpa

I use CCleaner to remove programs but if you go Start, type ‘control panel’ then go to ‘Programs and Features’ you will find it listed there. Just right click on it and select uninstall. That should work.
The downside is that you will get a pop up asking you to install it every time you open manager. Just click on the red cross on the pop up and manager will open.
You also might find that copy to clipboard doesn’t work, but I just use ‘right click’ and ‘Export to Excel’ now.

@VACUUMDOG I don’t recommend programs like CCleaner. Windows Add/Remove generally does a good job of uninstalling a program and if there is a registry entry lying around afterwards, does it really matter? It’s not doing anything. I personally feel it gives the appearance of doing something, but in reality has virtually no effect. Just my opinion.

@lubos Is this something that you need to look into or do you need to file a bug report with the developers of Webview that their software is not working when laptop resumes from sleep mode? @Tut could you put this into the bugs category because it is a bug whether the fault is with Manager or Webview software.

Hi

The problem still persists, most frustrating. Is it wise to remove Edge Webview2 runtime and/or do files in Manager also need to be removed.

Many thanks
Grandpa

Hi

Still same problem, although intermitent. see screen shot, whatever that means.

Screenshot - 26-Feb-21 , 4_51_55 PM

Using Win 10 Manager version 21.2.65

Many thanks
Grandpa

Next time I suggest clicking on the “Details” button and getting a screen capture of that.

Hi,

Do you mean use something like Screenshot Captor. to capture the whole of the Details. As you are probably aware its a very long file.

Many thanks
Grandpa

Capture as much of the first portion of the details as fits on our screen. Useful diagnostics are usually in the first part.

Hi,

Not sure if this is whats required.

Many thanks
Grandpa

So, @Grandpa, you have a WebView2 problem. A Windows user will have to help you with that.

Hi Tut

Many thanks for your help. Can Manager run without WebView2?

Kind regards
Grandpa

I’m not a Windows user, so I cannot test that. But you should be able to revert to using Internet Explorer when you launch a newly installed version of Manager.

@Grandpa Yes, it runs without it. You will get the popup to install it each time you open manager, but just click the red cross on the popup and it opens OK.
You lose the copy to clipboard function and some printing options I think though.
I get by without it, uninstall the Webview2 via add/remove programs and see how you go. If it messes up too much of your required functionality you can always reinstall it. :wink:
closebox

Instead of the X, click the fallback button.

Why?
It works fine if you just push the X.

Alternatively

• start Manager desktop

• Right click on one of the links in Manager and choose “Open in a new window”

• Minimise the original Manager window and use the new window you opened

• This uses your normal web browser (not Windows explorer or Windows Edge), which is likely to give full functionality. I use Firefox without issue

Yes @Patch that works for me too.
I’ve actually totally removed IE from my laptop (Win10) and it works fine like that. Firefox is my default browser (if I use the “Open in new window”). Too many people think the program totally relies on Internet Explorer or Edge when in fact it uses Windows Explorer. Certain functions require a browser.

Microsoft defended suppling a web browser in their operating system on the basis it was essential for operating system functionality. They use it to update the operating system and other similar tasks.

Removing the current version or disabling the user interface is relatively easily accomplished. The core remains.

Core web access ( aka Internet Explorer) can be removed via power script. If you successfully achieve this Windows update over the internet is no longer possible. See How to Uninstall or Remove Internet Explorer or
How to Uninstall Internet Explorer Completely (with Pictures) and

Lubos has written Manager to use the operating system provided web browser on Windows (Internet Explorer / Edge) and iOS (Safari).