Batch create/update with new custom fields

Dear @lubos, I just discovered new custom fields inside a transaction are not editable through batch create and update since they don’t show the values inside the column. Is it a bug?

Are those the line custom fields or all custom fields?

This issue also affects the new footers as I have described here:

I hope that this is just part of the transition to the new style features and that batch create and batch update will eventually work with the new paradigm

All

I would add that they don’t work anywhere in the program, not inside transactions alone. I tried creating a new business and using the new custom fields and I was not able to use batch create/update for my customers/suppliers list. All I get is a single column with some cells containing the text Manager.Model.CustomFields

As happened many times for Manager, deep changes never come to an end leaving existing features broken forever.

1 Like

I’m using the Cloud Edition 22.11.6.485 and have recently implemented a custom number field for Inventory items and am experiencing the same issue. My existing custom fields (using the legacy method) have the correct values.
@lubos Can you have a look and let us know when a solution is available?
Thank you

My custom field (edit mode)

How it appears in my Excel Worksheet

edit
I got this reply from my email to support@manager.io

Hi,
You are correct. The New Custom field is a work in Progress. I suggest you use the Classic Custom Fields.
Regards
John

how to get key of customefield

The answer was already provided, it is a work in progress so you need to use the classic custom fields. Quoted from pist by @twodogzz above: