Bank rules contain wild cards [feature]

I would love for the bank rules description field to be able to contain wild cards and operators like ‘AND’ and ‘OR’ and ‘*’ for partial word matching and maybe even regex.

When I import from my MT940 file I get descriptions like this:

/MARF/NL80INGB0000404040-304426628-2/EREF/M12520543/ORDP//NAME/ST ICHTING NATIONAAL FONDS KINDERHULP/REMI/M-011178, Bedankt voor uw donatie.U maakt geluk mogelijk./CSID/NL73ZZZ410807560000/ULTD//N AME/ULTB//NAME/Kinderhulp

Notice also the space in the word ST+ICHTING.

For the Bank Rule just select the relevant text string and delete the rest.
In your above example - what text do you want to select for the Bank Rule

I’m looking for this option too…

I get a lot of transactions/payments from customers using PayPal.
Each PayPal transaction has a unique ID, Eg Direct Credit PayPal Australia ABCD123456, or Direct Credit PayPal Australia DEF123456, meaning I need to setup a rule for each one, that’s only ever going to be used once…

It would be nice if I could just use Direct Credit PayPal Australia as the rule and it would apply it to all PayPal transactions…

I did try and it didn’t work or I am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks,
Mike

You should be able to setup the rule with just the word - PayPal.
Try creating the rule from the imported transactions rather then from Settings - Bank Rules.

Thank-you…

That worked, seems its case sensitive… My bank statement was using PAYPAL and I was using PayPal… Now I’m using PAYPAL it worked across all the various PAYPAL transactions…

Thanks again…