Bank reconcilliation

We recently upgraded to the current version now all our bank reconciliations are back to zero.
We are also unable to create new ones or when you create they disappear what could be the problem?
Kindly help

What version did you upgrade from?

What do you mean by back to zero?

Show a screen image of the problem

There was a change in the bank reconciliation process some months ago.

There may be a problem with the start date or an opening balance

20.10.60- website version.

i have to do for the four years once again that’s how I start from Zero. From the screen all i put are picking one date only

I do not understand what you mean by “web version”

There are 3 versions - Desktop, Server and Cloud

If you were using the Cloud version, then you are always using the latest version (well, nearly always)
If you are using the Desktop or Server version then the upgrades depend on when you upgrade

Upgrading does not delete your bank reconciliations, unless you upgraded from a very old version perhaps

Ooh sorry , I mean Server Version

Do you know what version you upgraded from?

Also, screen images showing the supposed problem will help to diagnose and offer a solution

Now this problem has really been frustrating , every time we create a bank reconciliation, either the information gets lost or the balances are numbers we have not put.
I am using the server version . Not sure how to check my current version

Sorry my version is 23.3.72

The numbers are put in by someone!
How many users do you have?
Have you asked them?

And what numbers are you talking about?

You can not be on version 23.3.72 - the latest version is 21.3.82 or thereabouts

We have four users but the history and some actions are restricted.
Each use has restricted rights .
Only I have admin rights

I can assure you that whatever numbers you are taking about, one of the users entered it

We had our server manager update last week!.
Once the reconciliation balances, the last input to balance just gets lost.
Is there away one can update without using the server owners?

What do you mean by “the last input to balance just gets lost”?

Please illustrate using screen images of the transactions

I do not understand what the exact problem is from your description

If you want to have updates done independently of the “server owners” (I don’t understand what or who these are?) why not move to the Cloud version?

We are considering moving to the server version. After our currently contract elapses

@minoo, after reading this entire thread again today, I cannot understand anything you have written. Your subject was “Bank reconciliation.” But you have not answered @Joe91’s questions about your reconciliation issues (if you actually have any). You have used very strange terminology that does not come from the program. So it is difficult to understand what you are talking about.

You also wrote about upgrading the “website” version. I assume you meant the cloud edition. But you cannot update the cloud edition. That happens automatically. Now you make a comment about moving to the server edition, but you said earlier you were already using the server edition.

Please explain your situation so people can understand. What edition are you using (desktop, server, or cloud)? What change are you trying to make? Whatever you are trying to do, you do not need to wait for any contract to elapse, because you do not have a contract. No one does.

If you are using the desktop edition, that is free, forever. If you are using the server edition, you own your current version number forever. But you also have a license that entitles you to free updates for one year. And if you are using the cloud edition, you have a monthly subscription you can cancel at any time.

Sorry @Tut We are using the server version but we have resolved to move the cloud version to avid the experience.

The issue was that we have been loosing our bank reconciliations in the software every time an upgrade was being done.

Software updates do not affect existing transactions and reports. No data is stored in the program. You will need to furnish more information about exactly what you believe you are losing and why you believe that.