Bank Reconciliations Disappeared

After updating to new version (now 17.12.67) bank reconciliation date now shows never even though we have been doing every month for over 2 years.
Start new reconciliation date for 30/11/17 and when I edit to enter balance, it shows 13/07/15 as date of entering closing balance of zero.

How do I change 13/07/15 to 30/11/17 to do a current reconciliation.

Depending on what version you updated from, the database structure may well have changed in the interim, causing the Never date for reconciliation to appear. The fact is, reconciliation reports are meant to be generated anew when it is time to reconcile, not updated from previous ones. Nevertheless, you can still update an old report by clicking Edit and changing the dates. Then click View and follow through with entry of balances as requested.

You did not explain exactly how you started the new reconciliation report. Did you try to edit the old one or create a new one? If you edited the old one, are you sure you clicked Update before going to View?

have discovered opening balance was also removed when updating, and also adjusted balance at each reconciliation by deducting opening balance. I have restored this and then had to change each reconciliation to the correct balances.

System is now correct.

That is very strange and should not, of course, have happened. But no one else, to my knowledge, has ever reported such an event. I’m glad you got things sorted.