AR does invoices and customer payment have to be connected?

If i sell something to someone and enter in invoice but my customer makes many invoices on daily basis and pays in total but doesn’t clear each invoices amount. Will that create a problem?

Welcome to the forum @Work_Me,

As far as Manager goes, it can handle partial payments, however, a lot of outstanding bills and balances being left indefinitely open will pose a management problem regardless of the software used.

You will have to solve this with your customers, either urge them to pay in full, settle the balances periodically, or in the worst case you bite the bullett and writeoff the remaing balance using a Credit Note

I don’t he is talking about partial payments, but one payment to cover multiple invoices

If this is the case, manager will apply the payments to the invoices in order of the invoice date, oldest invoices first

If multiple invoices have the same date, then I presume it will be pretty random which ones are paid but I don’t suppose that really matters

You dont need to apply payment to every invoice. Create a receipt for total amount and leave the Invoice Automatic. It will apply payment to the Invoice automatically in FIFO order.

It will be great also to ask your customer to give you a remittance advice or a schedule showing which invoices are they paying.

my customer does his payments based on the remaining balance since there are invoice only daily basis and the amounts he pays is usually not equal to the amount he owes us for an invoice or two for example: He had 4 invoices inv#1 $1250 inv#2 $1750 inv#3 $3000 his balance is $6000 he looks at his balance and makes a payment to us based on that for example he pays $2000 which isn’t equal to any invoices total amount. There is this back and forth only daily basis with each customer which makes it difficult to arrange it that the customer would pay invoice by invoice.

Read replies above. Solution to your problem is already there.

If the customer pays the remaining balance in full, the best way to record the receipt is to generate a Customer Statement and from there Copy to >New Receipt.

https://www2.manager.io/guides/7022