All invoices on overdue and in new currency

I have multiple customers, having different currencies, some are in Myanmar MMK, Dollars and Euro.

I have created an invoice for a customer in USD, how ever this must be in Euro.

In the invoice creation module I cannot select Euro instead of USD.

See screenshot 1.
ScreenShot1

So I bypass this, by changing the currency for the customer.

So in the invoices overview before changing the currency for one customer it looks like:

ScreenShot2

However if I change the currency for a customer, al my invoices are converted to currency used by this customer.
Also the invoices of other customers, who’s currency not have been changed in the customers module.
And all the invoices are stated due X days,

ScreenShot4

you cannot change the currency when creating invoice.

this is the correct method.

the currency will change for all the invoices made to that particular customer. if the customer takes invoices in more than one currency, then clone the customer for different currencies. multiple currencies for a single customer is not supported.

please clarify. this would happen only if you change the base currency of your business.

if a due date is not specified on the invoice, Manager assumes the due date to be the invoice date.

" you cannot change the currency when creating invoice."
Sorry Maybe I was not clear, I changed the currency for this customer after creating the invoice.

“please clarify. this would happen only if you change the base currency of your business.”

I leave the base currency as it is. (USD)

A couple of days ago I created an invoice for a customer in dollars. Later he called me he wants to pay in Euros.
So I changed the currency for this customer from Dollars to Euros. By doing this all the invoices for all my other customers are changed to Euros as well. and having the due date notice. Please look at the screenshots. before I cange the currency for one customer every invoice is OK, After the change every invoice is have due payment

I think it is easy to replicate.

Create a customer leave the currency empty.
Create a new invoice for this customer.

if finished change his currency to Euros.

You will see that this is affecting all invoices. Not only for this customer but all.
If you change the currency back for this customer everything is normal again.

“the currency will change for all the invoices made to that particular customer. if the customer takes invoices in more than one currency, then clone the customer for different currencies. multiple currencies for a single customer is not supported.” It is affecting all Customers.

We can set up a teamviewer session, IF you like.
The only thing I do is change a customers Currency nothing more

i had already checked on my desktop edition version 17.11.22 and i could not replicate the issue of currency changing for all customers. the currency was changed only for that customer.

Changing currency for an existing customer or supplier creates havoc. The numbers you have input for all prior transactions will not change, but their impact on your balance sheet will. You cannot issue an invoice in one currency, then modify the customer so you can receive payment in another.

Thanks for tour reply Tut. But thats the point tut. All my invoices are affected. Not only the custumer of which i changed the currency. But all customer which i did not change the currency of.

I agree that if you chamge a currency for a customer the balance sheets changes. Thats normal.

The screen shots are not invoices from 1 customer but 4 different customers. As you see they al go to the euro symbol and have the over due statement. When i change the currency back. It al is good agai. For all customers.

@rvasten, you have done something you have not described. The program simply does not behave the way you say it does. You’ve left out something you might not realize is important. I cannot replicate this behavior.

To be clear, you have not shown us any invoices. You have shown us small portions of the Sales Invoices tab listing. To have any hope of figuring out what is wrong, you need to show us the Edit screen of a sales invoice before and after conversion to a different currency. And describe the exact order in which actions were taken and what those actions were. If necessary, obscure customer information, but do not obscure anything else.

Hi Tut, Thanks for your reply.

“To be clear, you have not shown us any invoices. You have shown us small portions of the Sales Invoices tab listing”
Fair enough.
Problem is as a new user I can only post 3 pictures. But your point is take.

I will post the complete pictures as much as possible. The problem does exists on Sales Invoices tab listing.

I am currently using Windows 7 and version 17.11.40

Screenshot 1: invoices overview before the change

Screenshot 2: Invoice edit

After the change of currency for this customer:

Even I have recreated the customer, copied the corresponding invoices from the old customer to the new customer. same result, If i change the currency for this customer, all other customers are affected.

Here are screenshots of the editing before and after change of currency

there is no change of currency as you described for all customers.

looking at your first screenshot, before changing the currency, the currency for your invoice number 20170007 was already in Euros which is a different customer. Manager has not changed it after you changed the currency for the other user.

The customer is having, invoice 20170008, 20170004, 20170003, 20170002,20170001.
20170007 is different customer indeed. Now I see what you meen. Damm you are right,

But why is the status of invoice 20170004-20170001 changed to overdue? As this already has been paid?
Thats what caught me

this has to do with how you have received payments for the customer.
did you select the customer when receiving payments?
did you select Accounts receivable under the accounts column and then the Customer in the corresponding column?
check these and if possible post a screenshot of your payment edit page.

also when changing the currency for a customer will affect the balances of that customer.
the invoice value will change when set as a different currency.
due to this if payment for the invoice initially received in the base currency, it will stay as it is and if there is difference in value the same will be reflected as overdue on the sales invoice.

so changing the currency for a customer with existing transactions is not a good practice.
it is better to create a new customer with different currency and issue a new invoice.

Thanks all especially Tut and Sharpdrivetek, for your valuable input.

“then clone the customer for different currencies. multiple currencies for a single customer is not supported.”

I know it is not the best practice as some of my customers are using 3 currencies, this makes it complicated.

How ever I go for your last solution Sharpdrivetek, I make for every customer 3 customers having dollars, Myanmar Kyat and Euros. Topic can be closed.

1 Like