Added new "Transactions" button to view transactions across all tabs

In the latest version (24.2.28), there is new Transactions button under Summary tab in bottom-right corner.

This will take you to the list of all general ledger transactions. By default, you will see the following columns

• Date
  • Transaction
  • Reference
  • Account
  • Debit
  • Credit

But you can adjust the columns using Edit Columns button. You can also use Advanced Queries to select columns, apply filters and group by any column or columns.

The difference between Advanced Queries within individual tabs and Advanced Queries within Transactions screen is that the function within individual tabs allows you to query data within the tab only while Transactions screen allows to query general ledger transactions across all tabs.

The advanced query within Transactions screen is not yet as comprehensive as custom reports under Reports tab but it should be easier to use and understand. More columns and functionality will be added so eventually custom reports don’t have to be used.

7 Likes

Custom Reports are still very useful for me, if the Summary Transaction feature replaces the Custom Reports function, I hope I can get data like I got in Custom Reports.

1 Like

I don’t think custom reports are going that soon. Look like it will happen once new “Transaction” screen can completely replicate custom reports (Just like other obsolete functionality classic custom fields, themes etc). But let’s see what happens.

And one more thing: User permission
To access the new “Transaction” feature, we must give a user permission to “Summary” screen.
But in reports we may give an access to only view/update Reports>Custom Reports Permission

2 Likes