[18.1.11] Added "Form Defaults" section and "Custom Theme" checkbox

Whether you copy or clone a transaction, Manager now uses the theme set as default for the new transaction type. If you have not defined a different default theme, Plain will be used. For example, you have a sales quote in Theme A and a sales invoice in Theme B. The form defaults for both sales quotes and sales invoices are set up for Theme A.

If you clone the sales quote, the new quote comes up in Theme A. If you clone the sales invoice, the new invoice also comes up in Theme A.

If you copy the quote to a new invoice or the invoice to a new quote, they all come up as Theme A.

But if the default sales invoice were set to Theme C, cloning the sales invoice would produce a new sales in Theme C, despite the fact the original was in Theme B. Now, if you copy the Theme C sales invoice to a new sales quote, the new sales quote will be in Theme A.

In other words, no matter what you do, each new transaction will appear in the default theme for that specific transaction type, regardless of any editing you may have done on the source transaction. The program always takes you back to the defaults you have set.

How can change theme of customer statement. I was using separate theme. Now I am not able to change it.

Asking this question again and again does not increase the chances of the problem being fixed. Unfortunately, right now you cannot do this.

Thanks for your reply.
Asked again and again because you didnā€™t give any reply regarding this. So I thought that you missed it.

I didnā€™t miss it. But Iā€™m not the developer, and I cannot do anything about it.

Yes, it does. I tested on multiple businesses, including one that had not previously been opened
since v18.1.10, on which no default custom themes had yet been set. This resolves my item #1.

Well for me it didnā€™t fixed your #1 point.

Manager version is 18.1.95

All my invoices have changed to plain.
How do i mass change them back to my theme?

See the included video: 2018-03-06_1159

The defaults are working, even if you delete the customer after the selection of the theme.

But a solution must be found for the previewsly created invoices!!

Do i make some mistake i am not aware of?

maybe you should have a look at the below topic and check if its the same issue.
if yes, then post your issue there.

Many things have been discussed in this topic. What ā€œ#1 pointā€ are you referring to?

As for previous invoices, if you had selected a custom theme for one previously, Manager should remember that and still use it. Otherwise, you must edit them individually. There is no mass update for themes.

@lubos is there any plans to re-introduce the Switch Theme button?

http://www.cbec.gov.in/resources/htdocs-cbec/gst/invoice-gst-rules17052017.pdf
in India the rules state we should issue the invoice in triplicate. this we have done with custom themes by creating page breaks.
but while this theme is used only when printing a physical document during shipping, we would use another single page theme as default which is enough to send as an email to the customer. and now we are forced to edit the invoice just to change the theme every time. this is very time consuming.

@sharpdrivetek I think themes could be extended so they can contain 3 variations of invoices at once. Then you can choose which one to email/print without switching through anything.

sorry if i did not make myself clear.
i already have created a theme which shows the invoice in triplicate. this theme i use to print physical document to be attached with the goods transport.
an email copy to be sent to the customer does not need the invoice to be in triplicate, nor do we need to have records in triplicate. for this we have another theme which is set as the default theme.
so we need to switch themes as and when needed for the same invoice.
at present we have to edit the invoice to change the theme.