Just adding my voice to this. I feel that the current implementation (17.7.80) is very close.
- Default for all new items is the built-in template
- If we open an item and change the theme, the selection is remembered next time we open that item
Suggested change: (as requested multiple times above)
- Allow a custom theme to be the default
How this plays out in different scenarios:
- People that use mostly built-in theme and occasionally select a custom theme, it already works perfectly. It will continue to work perfectly.
- People that use mostly a specific custom theme (or only have one custom theme), it will start working perfectly once they set the new default.
- People that regularly change themes based on customer / department / day of week / how they’re feeling / etc have the same level of work as they do currently - or, if they happen to use a particular custom theme more often than the built-in theme, it might even be less work for them.
I think such a change would cater to everyone that has contributed in this conversation so far?