[17.4.0] Phasing out "Application Data" folder in desktop edition

Just nervously updated Manager to latest version 4.55, (choosing a bank holiday weekend incase of teething issues as changes have occurred) everything went fine apart from the date format, it went my original format DD/MM/YYY to MM/DD/YYYY.
Not a big issue to change (Settings => Date format) but just thought I would make you aware incase other users notice an unwanted change.
This is maybe due to the fact (UK) English is not available on the drop down only (US) English as Tut mentioned.

Form all this discussion it sound like there is 3 scenarios people use functionality:

1. Testing-Snapshots: Use case scenario explained by Tut is snapshots of business so that user could rollback to the state before test, very common in virtual machines.
  2. Backups: I am 100% with dalacor “Backup/Save as…” is confusing and backups should be managed by dedicated software.
  3. Transfer business from application to application

Why won’t you tackle them all separately rather then trying to solve 3 different problems by the same means.

1. Check sqllite snapshot capabilities Database Snapshot you could quickly build time machine, or maybe audit trail in some way could be used for the same purpose.
  2. Create backup configuration, with direct save directory where it could save incremental/full backups for other backup application to pick it up or just sync to cloud that way you could configure to save last 10 days to be kept there without overriding one file all the time, which defeats any definition of backup. If something goes wrong with current file you want to have most recent copy of it, loosing 1 day is not that bad as loosing all.
  3. Transfer, just keep functionality as is. Preferable encrypted files (SQLite Encryption Extension: Documentation) so that notepad could not be used as hacking tool.

Comparing accounting application to word is not correct, because it is not. Word documents can be multiple modifications, but they will be all different valid documents on their own. In accountancy there should not be multiple instances of same reality, because only last one is correct. The only scenario I can imagine is if I want to present different numbers to tax man and keep true numbers to myself.

FYI, I am not part of the development process. I’m just one of the forum moderators, a user like you.

I like the way lubos design the accounting without having dedicated software to support Manager software in windows OS.

Light and transferable,

The only difficulty I have is myself cringe of learning Liquid language code for template and Manager server access for authorized user to able to access different business file instead, limited to that particular business file.

Hi Lubos,

I recently updated from version 16.12 to 17.4.93 and noticed that in the customer-menu the column with the
number of invoices is removed, and now I only see the total of money outstanding.

In the previous version, by clicking the number of invoices outstanding, you landed on a page where you were able to see all the individual invoices of this customer, see which ones are paid already, and which ones had an amount open still.
From this location you were able to make payments to this invoices as well.

Since in Brazil a lot of invoices are paid in installments, this was a key-function for me. But it seems that in the new update this function/shortcut has gone and it only shows the total amount outstanding.

When clicking this total amount, I will see a combination of all the payments and invoices together and not seperated per invoice. Neither is it possible to do a payment from this screen.

Is this function removed, or is it possible to access the old function from a different menu ? If it was removed, why ? It was working really well I think.

This issue has been reported

OK, Thanks !