[16.5.61] Inventory items can be selected under "Items" column

How do I now keep track of labor this way? Previously I could select it under a custom column. Glad I came in today and found this change or I would be lost next week. It still lets me select labor but it is now showing with all of my inventory items.

@The_Tank, can you show the screenshot what happens when you select “Labor” item?

When I enter a purchase invoice into the system I simply select an item, which for example could be Contrac Blox. This gives me a choice of either Contrac Blox Inventory Item or Contrac Blox Non Inventory Item which I set up in Purchase Items. So if I select Contrac Blox Inventory it automatically assigns that to Inventory on hand. If I select Contrac Blox non inventory item it automatically assigns it to Business Consumables - Chemicals, which is exactly what I need.
Sorry you may have misunderstood my posts. It is now fixed by doing it this way, thank you all for your input

@lubos

Then go to SettingsSales Invoice Items, edit your LABOR item and select proper expense account. This will fix your invoices.

By the way, I explained this in the first post in this topic under How does this affect invoice items? heading.

@lubos I have already tried that before I made the first post. It does not show billable time under any of the listings.

From what I can tell, it only has the listings that are in the chart of accounts. It is still working for me but like it is, I have no way of keeping up with time billed out. I never use the billable time tab, previously I would select it when I was doing the invoice.

Alright. That’s a good point.

Non-inventory items don’t allow to select billable time account but now that I’m thinking about this, they could allow it.

This will be resolved sometime today.

Thanks @lubos I still enjoy using this program to run my business. I do realize there are many of us trying to use one program to do many things and run many different types of businesses but this program has been great from the desktop version and even better on the cloud version.

Hi i am working in a Racing Company we are selling spare parts & also Go Kart. we have fix some spare parts to make a complete chassi. I put inventory through journal voucher like Chassi Debit and many spare parts credit with their sales value. Now cost value is deducted from the Inventory item ledger but the value of sales less Cost (profit) is still showing in inventory items with zero quantity. Kindly help me in this regard.

@Shoaib89 - When you debit Chassi, that is to an Inventory item - correct.
Then all your Journal is doing is transferring many Inventory Items into one Inventory item, no sale has occurred as no customer is involved. By using the sale values in the Journal, all you have done is reduced the cost value of the spare parts. Check out the following screenshots:

Inventory Before

Journal Voucher creating Chassi using sale value

Inventory After - note how the Avg Cost has decreased compared to Purchase Price

Therefore it is not a good practice to use the sale values in your Journals. The spare parts sale values can only be reflected in the Chassi selling price, not in its cost (manufactured) price.

Instead of Journals you could consider using the Production Order tab.

In the latest version (16.5.74), there are no longer Sales Invoice Items and Purchase Invoice Items… both lists have been merged under Non-inventory Items.

When non-inventory item is created, you will be able to select whether item can be sold, purchased or both.

The old terminology was no longer applicable since invoice items have been already used across whole system and no longer restricted to invoices only.

Also, it will be easier to understand when you create new item in Manager, it is either inventory item or non-inventory item.

@Brucanna okay! This is good Thank you for helping me. I have finalize the accounts a week before. A week before amounts were OK. But now inventory is increasing, I did alot of transactions through JV. so i need to delete all JV,s it will be time consuming…

In some inventory item ledgers there is zero quantity but still there is value on hand. Because i have put JV to make one chassi… I have put spare parts with their sales prive cost is deducted from the items ledgers but profit is showing in the inventory ledgers with zero quantity. It does not make sense quantity is zero and still there is value on hand.

@Shoaib89, try to upgrade to the latest version. I fixed some issue with production orders which could have caused an issue where quantity on hand was zero while value on hand was not zero.

If you are not using production orders, it’s best if you send me your accounting file to lubos@manager.io and I’ll have a look.

@lubos ok how to send you file… i need to create backup and then need to send you on your email right?

Yes

okay i will.

Okay, so before we could create an Invoice item, assign an inventory item to it, then add a tracking code.

Now, in items, I see no place to add the default tracking code. I do see it in Non-inventory items, but this doesn’t help me.

Any ideas?

Currently for Inventory Items - tracking codes can be allocated on the Purchase or Sales Invoices.
It doesn’t appear that you can set a tracking codes at the Inventory Items tab level

Hi, is it also possible to see the purchase on sales price in the overview of non-inventory items? seems on inventory items can see this (screen shot from Brucanna)

or how can i do it?
thanks