Where is the custom VAT report that I made?

@lubos, Not sure if this is by design or by mistake. With the UK VAT return -

VAT due this period on sales and other outputs - this should be to the nearest pence, not rounded off to the nearest pound.

VAT due in this period on acquisitions from other EC Member States - as above

VAT reclaimed in this period on purchases and other inputs (including acquisitions from EC) - As Above

Net VAT to be paid to Customs (or reclaimed by you) - As Above.

Also in the section Sales and Purchases Excluding VAT - there should be four lines that are rounded off to the nearest pound. These lines are:

Total value of sales and all other outputs excluding any VAT. Include your box 8 figure.

Total value of purchases and all other inputs excluding any VAT. Include your box 9 figure.

Total value of all supplies of goods and related costs, excluding any VAT, to other EC Member States

Total value of acquisitions of goods and related costs excluding any VAT, from other EC Member States

I am unclear from looking at Manager Tax Codes how to fix this especially as VAT 20% is a builtin Tax Code which cannot be edited. Do we need to edit the VATReturn.cs file which I presume will then update Manager Tax Calculations in the next update?

Thank you for your hard work on this module - I can see that it took you far longer than you expected. Once we understand how we update/correct the VAT returns Forms it should be plain sailing.

Hi Lubos,

Thanks for this improvement. I translated a few minutes ago the new untranslated items, but I can’t find “VAT calculation worksheet” in the translation table. Any reason or is it perhaps my mistake.
Thanks and many greetings from the Netherlands

Country-specific reports should be hard-coded in their language since they are country and typically language-specific.

In this case, any English text should be replaced directly within VatReturn.cs file under Netherlands folder.

Hi Lubos,

Thanks for your reply, but it doesn’t help me much yet. I can nowhere find the Netherlands folder nor the file VatReturn.cs
As it is hard-coded, is it much trouble for you to replace the text-string “VAT Calculation Worksheet” with “Concept BTW Aangifte” ? Kind regards, Hennie

The folder Netherlands with VatReturn.cs file is here: https://github.com/lubos/ManagerExtensions

It’s not on your computer, the code is hosted on GitHub.

Anyway, I just renamed the report in that folder so the next version of Manager will contain new name.

Oh I see, so I need to edit the VatReturn.Cs file within the UK to make the changes for UK Vat Return. I happen to have a github account so I will do that.

Hi Lubos,

A few things about the Dutch VAT-report. If you can change that, it is 100% okay.
The report says for instance:
From january 1 2015 until december 31 2015. This should be:
Van 1 Januari 2015 tot en met 31 December 2015 (mind the capitals in month)
Accrual basis is Transactiebasis
Cash basis is Kasbasis.
Again, thanks a lot and lots of success

If you all you need to do is change text in the Dutch VAT report, you can easily change that yourself. For example I have already edited the UK VAT Report by changing some of the text. All you do is create a github account if you don’t already have one, open the Dutch .cs file and select edit. Make your changes and click commit or save or whatever it says. Then do a pull request and Lubos will view the changes and if he is happy with that, then he will import the changes.

The only area where editing the file is a problem is if you need to change the VAT codes for like import VAT or whatever, then you need to understand coding. but if all you want to do is change from January 1 2015 to Van 1 Januari - anyone can do that. Just find the text in the file and change it like you would in a word document.

Hi dalacor,

Thanks for your prompt reply, but i would like to give the following comment.
I would like to explain my position. I am one of the translators for the Dutch version and I want to keep the Dutch version to the status of 100% translated. I am a retired financial controller and worked many years for American and British companies, so I am quite familiar with all accounting terms. I am so to say a user and not a programmer and I don’t want to get involved in editing files on github accounts etc. That’s not my expertise and I don’t want to screw up things. I opened the link Lubos gave a few days ago, but sorry I can’t make chocolate out of this (a Dutch saying). By the way, when I opened it, I could not find all the text I commented upon.
Kind regards,

Hennie

Its a fair point. I have already said to Lubos that I feel that many users will not feel confident in making changes as they are not programmers. So I can appreciate where you are coming from. I wonder if its possible to find a solution that will work for everyone. Regards

@Hennie, I have already made relevant changes but they won’t appear in the program until tomorrow or so.

That’s fine but there is really no other way around it. The good thing is that it really takes only 1 programmer to make it work for everybody in given country.

Thats a valid point. If you can get one programmer per country then it should be a doddle to sort.

The dutch tax report is incorrect…
Let’s say I buy services from germany for €100, excl. 0% vat.
I should mark this transaction as EU21% (because the normal tax would be 21%), but there is no real tax collected. The amount should stay at 100.

In the report it should state:
4b = 100 and 21
5b = 21.
So net it’s 0.

And in terms of expenses, it should simply be 100.

Right now I cannot select EU21%, because it will simply split the transaction into 82.64 expenses and 17.36 tax collected.

If I select EU0%, the tax at 4b is not filled nor 5b. The amount to be paid / received, and the expense account are correct.

A solution is to set 21%EU on a taxrate of 0%. And in https://github.com/lubos/ManagerExtensions/blob/master/Netherlands/VatReturn.cs change it in such a way that it calculate the tax for each tax code in 4b / 5b

OK, so there are these tax codes:

• BTW 21% EU
  • BTW 21% non-EU
  • BTW 6% EU
  • BTW 6% non-EU

When you use these tax codes, there should be no tax liability, correct?

That is correct. There is no tax liability in the netherlands for foreign taxes, but we do need to specify them in the forms.

There’s also the MOSS. I haven’t dealt with it thankfully, but it basically tells you to tax every person or company in his own tax amount.

Thanks. I made adjustments to the latest version so the tax rates should work properly. Now it’s really about testing VAT return for Netherlands to make sure every tax code is represented on the report correctly.

Here is the code which generates VAT return for Netherlands

https://github.com/lubos/ManagerExtensions/blob/master/Netherlands/VatReturn.cs

The key lines in this code are from 45 to 59. Perhaps this portion of the code should be refactored to make it easier to read. If you can describe in your own words what these lines should represent I can refactor the code to make it better to understand.

Hi Lubos,

We’re almost there.
There is a line on the VAT tax form called "5d “Vermindering volgens de Kleine Ondernemers Regeling” also well-known in Dutch as “KOR”. I’ll explain what this means: in case (on annual basis) the total tax amount to be paid at line 5c , is less less than € 1345.- Dutch VAT-law says that this amount is cleared. So the business doesn’t have to pay this amount at all. When the total at line 5c is between an amount of € 1345.- and 1884,- a certain part of this amount has to be paid and when the annual amount is higher than € 1884.- the VAT should be paid in full. Anyway the amount that is cleared has to be shown in the P&L as a profit. So I suggest that you add an extra VAT-code called “KOR” and that a general ledger account number has to be added as well so that this profit is automatically shown in the P&L
A journal entry could then be made like this

Debit Accountnr - VAT to be paid - Amount of the KOR (Balance)
Credit Accountnr - KOR - Amount of the KOR (P&L)

Kind regards,

Hennie

Hi Hennie, Hi Lubos,
I have used every year the KOR. (Kleine ondernemers regeling.) Each year i debit the account VAT to be paid to zero, and credit the account KO regeling with the same amount. Its the same solution as Hennie describes, only whitout an extra VAT code, or extra account. In mine opinion is an extra VAT code for this KOR not relevant, and only confused. Just my 2c

Whit regards,
Richard

Hi Richard, Hi Lubos
What you describe is exactly what I do as well. It is not a necessity, but when you offer a VAT report to the users I would suggest make it complete and not almost complete, but again it is not a necessity. Let’s leave it up to Lubos what he wants to do with my suggestion. Anyway Lubos is now informed what KOR is all about.

Kind regards,

Hennie

The numbers dont seem to be right. I’ll add some screenshots later to clarify